1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jrs77, 1 Dec 2010.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've always said that, but no one else seems to have ever agreed with me, :D.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

You get better races with slower cars - people don't spin off and crash so much so it is all a bit closer. With the superfast cars someone is always way ahead of everyone else all the time.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

disagree, its exacly the same just at a faster pace. just stop being **** and you wont spin out/crash :)

4. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I'll get my coat...

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

and whilst your out get me some lunch, i havent eaten yet today :thumb:

*edit* seems some of the guys here at CM wanna join in as well, let battle commence ;)

Last edited: 6 Dec 2010
  6. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

added you there. my connection is abit poor at the moment, ill join you guys and see how i get on. i should have a better connection in a week or two

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Oh, and if anyone has an Indigo 106 Rallye kicking around I'll trade you something nice for it. I haven't found one yet. :(

8. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Help!

I slogged my way through the B-Spec races to get my driver to level 21 - purely to win the Toyota 7 Race Car so I could compete in the Experts Classic Race. I duely won the Toyota and then won the first race in the Classic Series. BUT I have tried about 20 times to get my B-Spec driver to win the second race in the Classic Series (Cote D'Azur) - the highest I have managed was 2nd.

The problem is that my driver crashes into traffic all the time, then waits for everyone to pass before setting off again, or he tries to overtake on the inside of a sharp bend and hits the barrier.

The A-Spec is no problem, I won both races with the Toyota at the first attempt!

This is driving me insane! Any tips out there? Other than an oil change and the other maintenance options I have not upgraded or changed the settings of the Toyota.

Please help before I take a contract out on my B-Spec driver!

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Ah, yes - he totally refused to overtake the Chaparral! I can't face playing b-spec to level 24, so I think I will retire my driver gracefully! Thanks for the reply though - much appreciated!

10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Ok, I tried the 'leave him to it' method but unfortunately left to his own devices my driver thinks a 7th place finish is adequate! To get him to win I have to 'inrease pace' until he gets to the front and then 'maintain pace' throughout the race or he will drop down the orders. Also, now I have to deal with pitting for fuel and tyres.

Very frustrating and not very exciting really.

Are there any links to what cars you get at each level (A-Spec and B-Spec)? Might be 'cheating' a little but I need something to make me persist with B-Spec!

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Cool - thanks for the link!

12. liangnv

liangnv What's a Dremel?

me, too. when did you do that?

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

What have people done for the German Touring Car races?

An ABT Audi TT Touring car has just popped up in my used dealer for 990k credits.

What have others used?

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Strangely I was allowed to use my Lexus concept car for this - completely destroyed the opposition. I am not sure how a Lexus classes as German, but there you go!

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Calibra touring car, one of the prize cars - not sure which set of races it's from mind you.

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

nope, none of the races reward you with the calibra.

Must have been one of the gift car tickets, which gives you a random car of whatever level the ticket is for.

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Was thinking that after I posted actually, got it with the level 12 ticket.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I just got Audi A4 touring car from lvl 17 gift ticket.

On another note,

ITS ALL WRONG!
    :D:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::D:waah::waah:

Why is it not possible to drift cars in standard form.

For example, its completely possible to be able to make an impreza slide sideways around a corner in stock form, they do it on Top Gear and Fifth Gear. So why can't you do it in GT5, far too much grip (maybe it was the tyres, sports hard, but then an impreza is going to have good tyres on it in RL).

The more I play it, and after playing on Forza 3 again the other day, the more I'm disappointed, Forza is alot more fun to play, I can get in almost any car and have fun racing. For example, Sierra Cosworth RS500 on Forza last night, sliding around silverstone for a couple of laps, in completely stock form (no tuning or anything).

Whereas GT5, you can't just go and do that, and its so much harder to have some slidey fun. I can drive them perfectly well properly, i.e. following the racing line, and in that respect the game works well. But Forza has managed to get physics that work for racing and having fun.

If I was Kaz right now, I'd be disappointed that something I'd worked on for so long had turned out how it has. It does have good areas, but there are some really big things that should have been better.
    I think they overstretched themselves, they wanted to make a game that was the best at everything, but turned out to be master of nothing.

But then again, at least its better than the crap EA are churning out, *cough* NFS World *cough*.