1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 14 Feb 2011.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/news/12590.html

So you have the PC release date now: 17th March [NA & EMEA] / 18th of March [UK] :clap:

I'm actually tempted to grab this on PC as well at some point just because I am loving the multiplayer so much on the 360. I'd have to get a wired 360 controller or receiver though as I can imagine it sucks to play this with a k/b and mouse...

Last edited: 14 Feb 2011
  2. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

for $60.... yeah, I'll wait thanks.... you would think they would reduce the price a bit as we have had to wait what? 4 months for this game?

3. Hex

Isn't it more like $40? It's going to be about £25 here, but that generally doesn't last long before it goes down.

Personally I think it's worth it for the amount of beautiful gaming hours you get for your money, I haven't loved a game this much in years.

4. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I love assassin's creed, and I'll see how it is when it actually gets released... but on Amazon right now it's up for $59.99, and it isn't showing up on Steam yet.

5. Hex

I haven't looked on Amazon UK yet, I just looked at Play.com. The RRP is £39.99, but most places will have it at £24.99 instead.

By the time you get it you won't be disappointed. I was bought it at the start of December and I've played it every single day since then. I haven't even got 100% sync yet either because I can't put the multiplayer down!

6. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I pre-ordered it months ago on Play.com I'm playing AC 2 again atm for the 5th time still think its a great game and the graphics is great although its a bit too easy, I'm hoping the Brotherhood is harder than AC2.

Apophis54 and Nealieboyee like this.
  7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

It's not. Still a good game though.

Does get a little buggy in the section after you complete all the subject 16 glitches, hopefully that'll be patched in the PC version before release.

Apophis54 likes this.
  8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Been wating for this one to come out on PC, always a gd game to play to pass the time.

9. Hex

Eugh, caved. Pre-ordered. I really can't afford this :(

So to make up for it, some of you better get ready to play me in the multiplayer. Mmmkay? :thumb:

10. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

I cant wait. I have pre ordered it on steam. I thought it was out on the 17th?

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

bought a download voucher on Bit-tech member's market :D £15 for this game, what a bargain.

can't wait for Friday.

someone mind remind me what happened in AC2? i remember going to Rome to kill someone, and in this room with some goddess talking. what happened before going to Rome?

12. Hex

17th (Europe)/18th (UK & Australia)/22nd (US) I think? Depends where you are. Not long now anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_II#Plot

I'm getting slightly concerned, as I really hoped Ubisoft would go with dedicated servers and lists, etc. for the PC multiplayer but I have a nasty feeling it'll be p2p like the consoles. Which we've all seen hasn't worked out all that well with regards to not putting us in the laggiest matches in the world. Also if you miss the 'creating session' message you don't know you're the host and so can seriously piss off a group of people if you quit for any reason. The one bonus I suppose is that PC players all get 3.0 from the start so there won't be the huge divide with the player-base that the consoles have. With some people running 1.0, some 2.0 & some 3.0. For those who don't know, you can only have one DLC active at any time and 1.0 & 2.0 have different maps and game modes. 3.0 includes them all thankfully, but as it was the only one to cost money, not everyone has it. It means if you fail to get a game or keep being put in a glitchy one repeatedly you have to go and switch which Animus Project Update you're running to play different people :sigh:

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed. At least this one I can play from the start, so my scores won't be forever trying to catch up with people who were playing for the 3 months when I was too scared to play other people!

13. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Bummer, I have tomorrow off an i was hoping for a late night session!

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

on Ubisoft, there are 3 versions of this game. my one is the standard version due to it is a free download voucher, whereas other edition that also costs £35 on their website at the moment, says it will have the DLC's.

im slightly confused as wikipedia says there will be an edition on PC without any DLC.........
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Brotherhood#Retail_editions

15. Hex

Hmm I thought all PC editions were coming with the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC. From that wiki article:

I'll have a look, see what I find. OK, I had a look on the ubi forums and that seems to say that the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC is part of all the PC versions. As far as I can tell, unlike the console versions the Da Vinci part does not include the Harlequin & Officer multiplayer characters as they are part of the pre-order specials still at the moment. I would expect them to be an add-on at a later date as they were for consoles.

Have a link, though to be honest some of his wording is a little confusing, the deluxe version is no longer on UbiShop. Both versions there show they come with the DLC: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8501077119?r=2981042519#2981042519

Last edited: 16 Mar 2011
  16. fulei1979

fulei1979 What's a Dremel?

Is it similar to AC2? the only problem i have with AC2 is the tedious walk from one task to next. There should be some shortcut.

17. Hex

Well you can take the tunnel system between locations, but I always just rode a horse or ran in AC2. I also did lots of side quests so did them on the way.

18. Hex

Eugh FFS Steam!! Looks like we're getting it tomorrow in the UK now. The Steam page had 1hr remaining, then went up to 2 then went up to 23hrs and the date changed to the 18th. Bah, I say. BAH! :grr:

19. fulei1979

fulei1979 What's a Dremel?

What is the tunnel system? I never saw it before.

20. Hex

It's a system of tunnels... :lol: sorry couldn't help myself.

It's new to AC:Brotherhood, they replace the Fast Travel Booths from ACII. Basically you can renovate tunnels all around Rome, and once they're renovated you can use them to fast travel around the map.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Tunnels