1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mozilla's Paul Rouget fires a broadside at IE9

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 17 Feb 2011.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Switched from Firefox to Chrome when i got my Netbook. I have an SSD and 2GB memory in my Netbook, and it still took an age, but Chrome doesn't have that issue.

I also find it strangely amusing that while i'm typing this post, Chrome is highlighting Firefox as a spelling mistake; Evan my web browser has no love for Firefox...

Sam

2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Chrome for me.

3. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

for opening times Chrome first and then opera, firefox seems to take all day to open on most low end systems (1gb) more so when add-ons are on there

4. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Chrome. Period

5. Penfolduk01

Penfolduk01 What's a Dremel?

I can't help that Paul Rouget has only made these comments because IE9 has upped Microsoft's game, and could eat into Firefox's market share.

I use Firefox 3.6. I have loaded up Chrome and Safari in the past, but I immediately didn't like their interfaces.
    I can't be bothered jumping through hoops to load up the FF4 beta. But if FF$ looks more like Chrome, I might just jump ship.

6. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Still firefox here.... I want to like chrome, but I don't like having to start in private browsing to have it not keep a history log (note: this is as of last time I used it, about a month ago, if this has changed, please let me know).

but hey, just about anything is better than AOL 9.0....

7. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Sorry did I misread the topic?

I didn't know it was firefox,opera,chrome anonymous. "Hello everyone, Yes I'm using firefox and I've been IE free for 60 days!" "Well done Derek, here have a donut"

You are all delusional if you think you can tell the difference in webpage speeds while browsing.

IE9 Cheesecake as usual Microsoft. You always get the minority mouthing off against the bigger better option.

8. Jhodas

Jhodas Theorist

Chrome.
    I'm a lightweight freak (i don't like any kind of bloat).
    I did use Lynx for a while, but that was a bit too stripped out...
    Chrome can be a memory hog, but not as badly as FF, and it's built in flash support seems to be better as well.
    I work for a multi billion pound organisation in the UK.
    I use IE6 at work...
    Education is the key people.

9. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Love Chrome, couldn't leave it. Very refined browser updated at a very rapid pace.

10. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

IE9 is just terrible in the current RC state so I understand where this is coming from.
    It doesn't even work with Microsoft's own Webapps (Dynamics CRM 4.0 and some SharePoint issues) properly!

11. Jampotp

Jampotp What's a Dremel?

I don't really know about IE - I haven't used it for ages... Snips, can I have doughnut now?
    But I always used to use Firefox, then transferred to Chrome. Whenever I go back on Firefox, from time to time, I enjoy the addons which I had, but they always need updating, so I have to wait for like 3 millenia for it to open. Anyway... marginally off-topic rant now over.

12. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i like ie9, it breaks facebook apps ;-)

13. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Been using chrome recently, after being an avid Firefoxer - is chrome really as secure as firefox can be modded to be, though?

14. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Consider my mind blown.

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Been using Opera for years and love it.

I've recently used IE on other computers and been reminded how much I hate it. Chrome is OK, it's the only other browser I have on this machine and once in a while I use it for something.\

Can I have a donut too?

16. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I don't know why they're having a go at IE, I mean does a company have a leg to stand on when critising another company since they stole operas layout/theme for the upcoming firefox 4. I still can't believe they done that and have lost a lot of respect I used to have for them :(

17. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

IE rules!

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Agreed.

Is that supposed to be a joke? Clearly you know little about browsers coming out with a statement like that. IE Sucks and I think well over 90% of bit-tech members would agree with me on that if it was put to a vote. I've used Firefox since it's been in existence... same with the Thunderbird email client. They are just better than the alternatives in every single way, I don't think I need to go into details but as an example, you try installing 10 plugins, 5 addons and a library of over 1500 bookmarks on IE and see how fast it runs. Firefox, on the other hand, handles all of that for me as well as running with dozens of open tabs day after day.

19. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Actually, that's just your opinion. Worldwide, IE is STILL the No 1 browser.

20. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

IE is pretty poor, have used it for years now, used to get constant crashing and freezing problems with IE, and someone recommended to my dad to get firefox, so I got it and have never looked back.

It's annoying that most workplaces only use IE, lot of support calls about problems with IE could just be avoided by simply using another browser

Tags: Add Tags