Bits BitTorrent Seeders: Driven By Profit?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 16 Feb 2011.

1. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

This is a very tired debate that seems to resurface every couple of months. Can't the mods just merge every other thread on this into one and be done with it, rather than make yet another thread for it?

2. law99

law99 Custom User Title

If you rely on the record companies to distribute your music then yes. HOWEVER, and this is what many people who aren't in the industry themselves don't understand, the power to distribute your music is now in the artists hands. I can sell my music on amazon, itunes and have it available through services like spotify. I'm the one paying for this stuff, not a corporate fat cat. You can listen for free and the artist still gets paid.

Seriously, I'm not saying artists shouldn't be good live, or not use merchandise to generate their income. What I'm saying is, many of you still think the industry is what it was 10/20years ago because the remnants of that huge industry that always wants to shove X-factor down your throat, or make a Rock School.

Interestingly, that Sabaton band could could break their own copyright laws by distributing their music "illegally". That's something you lot should be pissed about in the aftermarth of all this BS.

3. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I guess this Bit Tech article was inspired by the recent Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 leaks.

4. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I've bought quite a few films that I originally saw via illegal torrent downloads. I am also a fan of far more musicians than I would have been without the access to music that torrents has given me.

5. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

FACT: the industry is making a LOT MORE money thanks to torrent then anything else!

6. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Illegal downloads have opened new markets & made movies available to more people than ever before. Fact.
    They did not, however, DIRECTLY help the industry.

8. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Agreed. My ******** comment was directed at this (bold writing)

Plus I think if anyone is going to state something as fact the least they can do is post sources.

Tags: Add Tags