1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Final Firefox 4 beta released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 28 Feb 2011.

1. Daedelus

Daedelus What's a Dremel?

Interesting comment. I'm curious to know who these people are who care about how their browser looks when all it is is a means of rendering HTML. Since Chrome is the best browser at adhering to W3 standards and is fast to boot, I still wonder why anyone uses any browser other than Chrome.

2. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

I have Opera and the fact why people care about how their browser looks it's because when rendering a page you don't want your screen filled up with options and buttons and other gimmicks that take pixels away. For example, Opera has a clean layout and very minimalistic, so you get the most of the visual space for you website navigation. As I don't use Chrome, I can't say if it's better but I do know that it has a minimalistic layout. Try having a browser that half of it is just options and some visual stuff other than the page itself.

3. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

I tried the Firefox beta but found it was full of holes so went back to Firefox 3.6. I can believe Mozilla had to fix 7000 bugs because it did feel significant;y more buggy than previous FF betas!!

4. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

Same as above. I tried it a while ago and it was so bad. Just installed it today and i have to say they have made some good changes to it. It now seems to run a lot slicker and with less bugs in it.

5. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

For me, it's still lack of obvious features.... I don't want to have to start in a private browsing session or to delete my history and cookies manually.... it is an obvious setting that is still not available. Also, seeing as my main browsing devices is my netbook, I havent really seen how it can be customised for smaller screens.

6. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Looking forward to seeing how it performs on Atom + Ion

7. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

hold over in case there was going to be another beta. It will eventually change to either preRC1 or 4.#a1pre or 5a1pre

8. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

Full 64-bit version (including plugins) would be really nice.

9. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

+1

10. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

Chrome sucks. I've not experience more browser crashes since IE6 or it just stops working and needs reinstalling or the cache increases to 10GB+++ leaving no free space on root drive and a plethora of other reasons I can't stand Chrome!

Now Opera is a sweet browser aside from certain incompatibilities with various websites I've used it is by far the best for performance/stability but its best feaure is keeping krap adobe flash under control.

Tags: Add Tags