1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Beyond Good and Evil HD Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 7 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Totally agree, class game.

3. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Ooh, looks like an autobuy for me as I missed the original.

Cheers BitTech.

4. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

Are they re-releasing for the PC? If so I bet a few mods would still work (assuming there are any)

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I think Joe wants a commitment ceremony to it.

6. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Picked this up on Steam last year, brilliant game.

I remember seeing it when iw as younger for the PS2, but was always put of as it seemed to be one of those games that was plentiful across the shelves. Also the box never really gave it justice.

But your right on the spot there, although i never thought it excelled in any area, i can't remember every complaining about anything.

7. Blackmoon181

Blackmoon181 Geography,Its not just colouring in

looking at the screenshots you posted they really don't look like they've changed it much. How does something like this work ?

do they keep the same engine but bump up the character model and texture detail ?

8. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I tried to play this on the PC but the graphics were all buggy on my system so I had to stop playing it. I may well pick this up after I've finished playing Uncharted 2.

9. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

PC version was rendered useless due to lack of reverse mouse.

10. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

This!

11. BlackBabyJesus

BlackBabyJesus What's a Dremel?

How is this "HD"? Looks almost exactly like the original.

12. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

i never heard of original but with a review like that i want to get this game now!
    i dont have a console anymore :(

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Get the original on PC!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15130/

(also, click the link to see my favourite every game trailer)

14. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Class game! Recently I've been looking up at my selection of PC games and wondering if I should play it again or not; asking myself questions like "Have I left it long enough since the last time I played it?" Hmm tis my day off today..

15. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Can't play it ... I always have lots of artifacts in this game, it must be the drivers, I tested it with an HD4870 and the HD5870...

Tried with the GTS250 and it's all good :/

16. Goty

Goty Minimodder

I played this on a 4870 and 5870 across multiple driver revisions and haven't ever had a problem. Weird.

17. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

I liked the way you finish the conclusion. Although some imperfections, the feeling that the game gives you overcomes that and fills with joy. Shame it isn't on PC because I don't like X360 and still don't have a PS3 (I will) buh!

18. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Saw this on the 360 Dashboard the other day - as soon as I drag myself out of my current engrossment in Assasins Creed 2, I'll definitely pick it up. It's one of those games you just really ought to have played at some point in your life.

Although
    I once watched Joe attempt the final boss. That put me off this game for about half a decade

19. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

I bought this without a second thought last week and it's a terrific game still despite some irritating loading screens, a cranky camera and some bizarre camera/weapon controls (it took me a little while to actually mastering firing a weapon as opposed to taking a photo by accident!).

I originally bought it for the Xbox back in 2003 and that version was always letterboxed even on a widescreen TV (I played most of the game on a 4:3 TV though with top and bottom borders; an annoyance at the time). So, for me, the ability to play the game at last in anamorphic widescreen in sharp, clean 720p HD is a revelation as it allows the game's gorgeous cartoon artwork to really shine. Also it might be my imagination but the water reflections and shadows look much higher quality than they were on the last gen consoles?

True, I could have played this on the PC but I've read that the game is extremely buggy on Windows Vista/7 plus has lousy support for game controllers so just under £7 for the Xbox 360 version is well worth it IMO. Played the game for almost six hours across the weekend and that is about five and a half hours longer than I do most XBLA titles! Beyond Good & Evil HD is the best game I've played on XBLA to date in fact.

20. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

God damn control reversing monster.

Tags: Add Tags