1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Quantic Dream: "PS3 is the best platform"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Mar 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Awful, the best platform for his pointless game.

Don't agree or disagree with the fact PS3 may or may not be the best platform as I have both a 360 and PS3 as well as a PC but David Cage annoys me. This kind of talk was acceptable when he had a game to promote but now it's just sad

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

"We have an exclusive relationship with Sony"

"we think it's the best platform out there"

Well of course they are going to say it's the best if they've been paid lots of money to develop exclusively for that platform.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Sony footing the bills pretty much guarantees this kind of press release.

I think we all know the PC is the best platform >.>

5. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Fanboy bait. 'Best' is relative.

For Quantic Dream they have both the experience of PS3 development as well as Sony's money. So yes, for them, the PS3 is the 'best' platform.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I wonder if there was a cocking of a gun in the background during that interview.

7. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

LOL You never know...

Well I am currently playing HR as we speak and am loving every minute of it. I can understand why it was such a risky project, so I applaud Sony for allowing it to come to market. Definitely slow in the beginning but like a train things really start to pick up and intensify.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It seems people are reading into this a bit too much. Unless I'm mistaken, the quote never says that the PS3 is the best platform for the gamer. Given the context it seems quite obvious that Quantic is saying it's the best platform for them to develop on. And why is that? Because they get money for it, as they openly state. No conspiracy to crack open here.

If anything the complaints should be that it's an incredibly obvious statement. Every exclusive developer obviously thinks their exclusive platform is the best for them to be working on.

9. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

hehe, they are an exclusive developer, of course its the best :)

10. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Well, so much for an unbiased, professional opinion. Some actual reasons would be appreciated as well. Does he go in to any? Or is this pure flame-bait and non-news?

11. valmadasss

valmadasss What's a Dremel?

whether he meant that in the one way or the other... he really wanted to pass the message that ps3 is the best platform for everything and that is something really not admirable for him... its clear that he wants to support his partners with (tricks) like this...

12. total zombie

total zombie What's a Dremel?

TRUE THAT!! TRUE THAT !! Money Talk's B*llsh*t Walks!!

13. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Pshhh, what a fanboy. We all know Apple is the best platform. :worried:

:D

14. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Right, sure. its kind of like the 8 year old that says veggies are better than sweets cause his dad's a dentist :hehe: :thumb:

15. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Although, what he's saying, is that not every console manufacturer would have funded such a game. It's not your run of the mill affair, but Quantic Dream do have pedigree. We know in reality, MS would have funded it to deny an exclusive. They obviously didn't see the value though, which sort of proves the point.

16. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Moneeeey moneyyyyyyy moooneyyyyyyyy ....

.... singing apart, maybe it is easier to develop on PS3 than on another platform. I can't say since I did only made games for PC (and it was in openGL .... so no real "dev kit").

17. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Blank cheque and creative freedom? Sounds like a great position for a developer to be in at the moment. Instead of the cynicism we should, perhaps, give credit to Sony for supporting the development of original game ideas and not another COD clone.

18. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Everyone forgetting what Gabe Newell said about Portal 2? Im sure he wasn't having his hand forced by Sony

19. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

But of course if you dare to touch their precious security on the PS3 they'll hunt you down, rape you, impound your stuff and sue you :)

20. ObeyTheCreed

ObeyTheCreed What's a Dremel?

I think the biggest problem with this article is the fact that they don't even try to hide the fact that they are getting funding exclusively from Sony, so basically they have to say that they will keep using the PS3. Now I'm not against the ps3, heck I have friends whose houses I go over to to play on the PS3, but to blatantly state that the PS3 is the "best platform out there" when you're getting funded by the company that makes the stupid thing is just asking for flames. Personally i think the guy is an idiot just for that.

Tags: Add Tags