Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

This assignment.

Writing about the genetic population of Iceland. My teacher is an asshat, and I get angry just looking at the poo I have written already. Dear God, let high school end soon -.-'

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Oh well, another WD20EARS died on me. What is funny, it is the newest one, which i got after i send my previous WD20EARS to RMA.

3. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

no motivation to do accounting at all, I shouldn't have ever taken the class in the first place. I only took it because my Advanced Linux class got canceled out from under me, and all it is doing is lowering my average and causing me massive headaches.

Also, I have to go to my girlfriend's Sister's birthday tonight. we hate each other, which should make for an interesting dinner.

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Following on from my previous post it turns out my mate murdered his girlfriend then killed himself! nobody saw it coming, and the guys that he was out with on sat night say he was his usual self.

Were never going to know the full story and thats the really painful thing, if there were issues nobody at all knew or even suspected!

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Oh shi-.... this is not good news :worried: When you say another, you mean a second? And what were you using it in/for? Server/NAS/external caddy etc?

Yikes, sorry to hear that mate :/ You have to wonder how much trouble people could be in/how unwell they would have to be to do something like that :(

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

13eightyfour, thats pretty mucked up :/

7. saemilin

saemilin What's a Dremel?

Coming back to England is what's killing me. ugh. everything is so expensive compared to where I was living before...

The amount we pay for a big mac set is astounding....

For a 5er I could get 2 big mac sets delivered to my house!

8. faugusztin

Fileserver. 6xWD20EARS and 4xWD10EADS. One of the 4-platter WD20EARS died in the end of 2010, so i sent it for RMA, got back a newer 3-platter WD20EARS, which died last week.

Had no time yet to run WD Diagnostic tools on it, but BIOS calls it BAD through SMART info and linux driver for the SATA controller craps out with media errors when booting.

9. Unicorn

Ah balls :/ There are 5x WD20EARS in my own server, along with a pair of WD10EADS :rolleyes: I've yet to lose a drive though, and CrystalDiskInfo reads them all as healthy and I check them pretty regularly.

10. faugusztin

Well, it was still pretty much empty, just few non important files (recoverable)... It is just a time and money waste to send it for RMA again. Especially as tomorow they ship the Corsair Force 120GB i got as a replacement for RMA of my Patriot Torqx 128GB.

11. Unicorn

Was that from Scan? They seem to be replacing a lot of other manufacturer's SSDs with those Corsair Force 120's :) They offered me one in place of my OCZ Vertex 120, but I didn't want it, I bought a replacement SSD months ago, it took them 3 months to sort the RMA out and even offer me that, so I'm getting a refund instead.

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

Trying to get sense out of China based suppliers when it is 8am their local time. I find myself speaking Chingrish in the hope they will understand. Poor bloke is trying his best....I just want to sort out an order!

Okay, I'm going to end up calling and complaining, this particular staff member is either off his tits on crack or hasn't slept in a week and he keeps referring to me as 'my brother'.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2011
  13. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Week of bad sleeping, had 2 or so days where ive been alseep, though first one did end up curing a throat problem i had.

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

OK.

Paracetomol & Ibuprofen can only be taken every 4 hours or so.
    They work in different ways to block pain.
    This means that you can alternate between them every 2 hours. :thumb:

As always, follow doctors recommendations, do not exceed stated dosage, etc, etc.

15. faugusztin

Note the location. No, it wasn't Scan, it was a big polish distributor abcdata which sells to many of Slovak shops.

My Patriot Torqx 128GB died from one day to another (windows shutdown all ok, then next day no hard drive found), sent it to RMA, it was there for few days (a bit more than a week), then they offered me Corsair Nova V128. I said thanks no on that one, i demanded at least an small upgrade, so they gave me Corsair Force F120. I wasn't felling good enough to argue with them more (see my complain post from friday).

Oh and this week is awesome, finally solved my digestion problems and now my throat starts acting. Funny is that i don't have fever, just feel the ******* in my throat. I guess both attacked at once, but the throat problem lasts few days longer...

16. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Anatomy.

Oh, and the ICC.

17. Unicorn

Unfortunately I can vouch for this. My doctor actually told me about it :rolleyes:

Ah I see, apologies for the assumption. I didn't even look at your location to be honest!

Just a coincidence that Scan offered me the same drive then. They're probably getting recommended to dealers by wholesalers as a suitable replacement or something.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

I suck hard at racing sims, that is all. :(

19. Unicorn

Were you playing at home or at Room2Race?

It's not ruining anything yet but I have a feeling it's going to :rolleyes: My teeth have started giving bother again. My whole mouth is sore on the right side tonight... just 6 months after I had a lot of dental work done too :(

20. Canon

Canon Reformed

At home, I had no idea that place existed, trawling through their site now....interesting :idea:

Last edited: 7 Apr 2011