1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Operation Flashpoint: Red River Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 28 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Flip

Flip What's a Dremel?

Ouch

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

It really does look awful. I also found it impossible to play with a mouse sensitivity over 800dpi, which is annoying.

4. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Yay more bad games, thanks Codemasters for dragging Flashpoint through the dirt to further ruin it's name.

Try telling your friends how good the original was, impossible after these terrible sequels.

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I remember a lot of my ex squad members and friends were waiting for the upgrade of operation flashpoint and were totally disappointed. Only thing I like over Call of Duty with this game is the size of the maps as I like wide open maps like the old Joint Operations from Nova

6. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

why does the black dude in the 1st video look like 50cent?

7. Jaffo

Jaffo What's a Dremel?

In a parallel universe, Codies and BIS never went their separate ways and I'm currently enjoying Operation Flashpoint 3 rather than crud like this and ArmA. Ah well, Windows XP did me proud for the best part of a decade, I'm sure I can eek a little longer out of the original OFP.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

35%? Wow, that must be a terrible game...

9. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

Joint Operations, now that was fun. I did like the original and have to admit this doesn't look as good, and for a game to compete now days will have to knock our socks off, IMO current benchmark games are BF2, COD MW/ Black Ops, Crysis 2 etc. upcoming BF3 is nex on my purchase list.

10. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I think it's embarrassing that anybody at Codemasters allowed the term 'Milsim' to get within a tactical bound of the shambling zombie corpse of the Flashpoint name. What they have produced is a pair of really poor Ghost Recon rip-offs, and that's it. I'd suggest that they ought to be ashamed of themselves, but I think the term shame is meaningless to a company who will happily violate a dead IP the way that Codemasters have.

11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

The advertising for this game is awful. From watching the ad and knowing what OF was supposed to be I kind of guessed they would end up with a mess that doesn't know whether it wants to be CoD or Arma.

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

What a shame, i thought they may have learnt from their mistakes from Dragon Rising. Oh well...

13. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Codemasters have ruined the name of Op Flashpoint. Sack the developers of that game and get someone decent in please.

Trying to rip us off again. I bought dragon rising and sent it back promptly cos it was ****. This is just the same.

Codemasters ripping off gamers.

F U codemasters.

14. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Codies... stick with racing... This is a bad franchise for ya

15. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

I'm still waiting for Dizzy: HD

:)

16. Hrodwulf666

Hrodwulf666 Arse about tit master!

Because they thought they would sell more copies if they made a main character look like a rap star rather than actually make a good game, because they think were all mindless, tasteless urbanites who will fall over ourselves blindly to revel in the cult of souless celebrity.

It does look really bad, some of the textures remind me of the first Brothers in arms games...

17. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

Codies' racers ain't all that

18. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Wow, looks like I dodged a bullet there, after dragon rising I wasn't pre-ordering again, but I was hoping that they'd actually take some of our concerns seriously and make a proper flashpoint, hell even a flashpoint lite would be better than the crap they've been churning out.

19. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Looks like I'm going to have to learn to get along with ArmA2 if I'm going to get my OpF action then. (from the demo I found ArmA a little bit too hardcore for my tastes ymmv)

20. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

One bored Saturday afternoon in Blockbusters we made a mistake of renting this game (on xbox). After the interesting intro, we were forced to do all the things you expect of an fps circ 2000. Go shoot your gun at the firing range. Then it was a boring ride thro' a muddy desert to a town where there are some insurgents.
    Playing the game (if being hand held every step of the way is classed as playing) it did feel like we were watching rather than playing it.

The game got finally ejected at the end of this village where we had to get into the hummvee. A bug? or something prevented the game from realising we were in the said humvee in question and so all we had to listen to was the commander shouting "Get in the f*cking Vehicle" and similar bile,

Swearing for the sake is swearing is bad, swearing for realism is allowable, but swearing at a player becuase of a bug in your stupid game is inexcusable. Hopefully this game will TANK and all the disks be buried out in a desert somewhere never to be mentioned again.

Tags: Add Tags