1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Best retailer apart from scan!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fdbh96, 18 Jul 2011.

1. Puzzu

Puzzu What's a Dremel?

Ebuyer,

RMA from Ebuyer recently and went without a breeze.

2. Black Tiger

Black Tiger Chineapple Punks

i've used ginger6 in the past and RMA'd with no problems, but scan is always the first place i go, i only go elsewhere if theprice is abit cheaper

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Yoyotech for being local but they starting to lack in how much to choose from. They have always being good to me.

But scan are awesome with there service and deliveries.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

4. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Mobo knackered. They said it wasn't, three times it went back at £9 a go. Finally they sent it to Gigabyte who said it was knackered and replaced it. Now Aria refuse to refund postage despite own terms.

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Ebuyer, no longer live in the uk, but in the four years or so I used them they were always impeccable. Returns, the lot.

6. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

I got my 20 quid back by telling them it was them who told me to send it in (which it was by the way, just so you don't think I lied :D). They immediately apologised and I got the service free.

7. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Novatech are very good, especially in the south as they have a few stores across the region.
    Customer service has always been very good, with returns etc.

8. SolidShot

SolidShot Minimodder

Back when i knew sweet nothing about computers and decided to build my own, I used ebuyer for all the bits, and i found their website much friendlier for the not so hardcore. I had a power unit that came faulty and one i blew up myself. RMA them both and found ebuyer to be a perfect gentlemen.

I know that you pay slightly more with ebuyer over scan, but i prefer ebuyer tbh, and since i usually just save up and bulk buy, its not really an issue.

Having said that, ive heard nothing but good things about scan, maybe do some research on what you really want then try them again? Im sure that they will live up to their very high expectations

9. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Ebuyer for me - I love scan's delivery but dealing with the RMA side of their business can be stressfull on times...

10. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

CCL are amazing. I love them - i used them alot when i lived in Leeds as they were just down the road. They are great either over the phone or on the website - and are quite good at being badgered on here.

I used OCUK when i dont use scan. granted there prices are a tab higher, but they tend to stock the stuff i am wanting.

11. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

When I had to return a PSU to Scan, they asked me to send it back, but when I pointed out it would cost as much for me to send it almost as it did to buy it (£25 North-Q PSU Today Only) they agreed and arranged a courier to collect it. Tested and replaced withing 10 days.

12. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

ebuyer is a crappy website but good service. If you know exactly what model numbers you want, its good. browsing is an excerise in patience. Their stock is ok, but selection could be bigger. Often they lag behind others in getting new models in (recently purchased 3TB HDD, e-350 AMD board and a monitor from scan, ebuyer had almost nothing to offer me for the first 2). But providing they have what you want, they are very good and usually decently priced.

Dabs can be good, they have huge amount of stock but most will only be ordered once you buy it, it then takes a week or so to get to you. Its not uncommon to look down a page of items that are all exactly what you need, only to find all but 2 of them are "ordered upon request".

CCL are ok, nothing special.

OCUK i havent had problems with, but they are generally a bit more expensive and small selection. Usually one of the first to get new items in though so if you are buying on launch day they might be worth it. Their forums are handy since staff can be much more communicative than general website help desk emails, they also let the forum know if they have anticipated stuff coming in, how many (only getting a few this week so will probabl sell out quickly" or "getting hundreds in, no panic buying needed!")

Scan though are pretty awesome, and my retailer of choice. Dabs would be my second most used option.

13. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I'm going to think outside the box here...

Funnily enough, Amazon have been awesome for me. What I mean is buying direct from Amazon, not from an Amazon authorised seller.

I emailed them asking if I could RMA a Nintendo DSi that had a screen fault, I got a reply back within 4 hours (on a Saturday morning) saying that they had shipped a new one to me already via Special Delivery, despite the original shipping via free slow post.

No questions asked, no quibbles, they just sent it without fuss. They also arranged for a courier to collect the old one.

14. anotherusername

anotherusername What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I haven't bought any computer components from Amazon but I've found their service for other things (including electricals) to be similarly faultless.

I'm not a big buyer of computer compenents so can't test anywhere long term but I've used ebuyer, aria, tekheads. No problems with order or delivery. Not had to rma anything from those, so can't comment on that side of service.

15. Crossing

Crossing What's a Dremel?

For the U.S. I set a lot of store by Tigerdirect but I don't think they ship overseas...

Also never use newegg, bad layout, huge shipping prices, not the best selection.