1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Are you waiting for LGA2011? Need your feedback on budget.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 25 Jul 2011.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Really?

People still run X58 systems from 3 years ago and Lynnfield from 2 years ago performs fast enough. I'm not doubting it will be technically excellent, as per Intel's standard, but it's not like SB will sudden "become slow" overnight :)

Also we've a whole new revision of Gen-3 boards coming within weeks. These have been extensively QA'd with Ivy and real Gen-3 hardware and launch with an Ivy capable UEFI, so you won't get compatibility issues when you upgrade either graphics or CPU in the future. This is why we're late to the party with Gen-3 stuff: we'd rather test it first ;)

I've got to edit a video this week of me showing it working on our P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 :worried:

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Sep 2011
  2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

My 860 isn't slow by any means. And I'm still able to OC a fair bit past 4 (and more with the new cooling upgrade I've attached over the weekend...)

9.5, I'll believe it when I see it.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well AMD hit 8.429 on its new 32nm Bulldozers recently, so you never know. Maybe Intel will want to sponsor a LiquidHe event too ;)

If the slide is true*, they are just theoretical maximums. Better to have the freedom to clock than to hit the limiter :)

*please don't sue me, Intel. :worried:

I have to say, sitting in this thread now is like knowing what you're all getting for Christmas. >_< I've met Santa, and written his 2011 press release..

4. skreenname

skreenname SFF Forever

I'mm still using a Phenom X4, and it's not particularly slow.
    Not exceptionally fast, but definitely not slow. c:
    Part of the reason I'll be able to justify IvyBridge.