1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Who do you buy from?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by james_p, 30 Sep 2011.

1. james_p

james_p What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I'm looking at buying some ram for my pc and I was wondering where people shop on the web.

In the past I've used Scan, Overclockers UK, Microdirect, ebuyer(never again) but I was wondering where everyone else looked for bits.

James

2. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Use any of the above and you should be alright.

3. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

When i've wanted very specific memory (ie the g.skill in my current machine or some OCZ in a machine i need to rebuild & stick on the bay), MemoryC have been really great.

4. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

yoyotech are very good im in london so i can easily pop in and pick up

5. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Aria as they are based in manchester and i can go collect. Prices are pretty good when you collect from them. Usually postage with Aria seems to be abit above the going rate.

6. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

The nearest one to me ginger 6 in Birmingham 40 mile's away we need a big pc store in shropshire :(...

7. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I quite like YYT when I'm London. I still only buy from them if I need something immediately though. Any other time/when I'm up north I use Scan.

8. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

erm...why?

eBuyer has one of the best services around...and great customer service...I've been using them for years and years!

9. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Scan and CCL I use quite commonly.

10. WhiteKnight226

WhiteKnight226 Minimodder

newegg #1 lol, but i guess that doesn't apply to you

11. james_p

james_p What's a Dremel?

Their Customer service was awful and it cost me a fortune in calls. After the second time i decided i wouldnt use them again.

12. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

I rarely shop anywhere but Scan.

Does it count if its becuase its 20 mins from my house? :D

13. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Scan and overclockers here. Had no problems with either of them :).

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I find they are only 'ok'

I like the fact they are local, so RMAs etc are easy.

However, these are my complaints:

1. Usually more expensive than elswhere
    2. I find that talking to them on FB is pleasant, but in store, they staff are fairly rude and unfriendly.
    3. Twice I've had problems with stock. Once they have overcharged me on something, luckily I noticed, went back and they refunded it. The second time they had a fan listed on the site, but when I went to the store it was in fact an earlier model, that retailed for less, that they were selling as the latest model.

My biggest problem is point 2. I personally have just found the staff are just fairly unfriendly people.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2011
  15. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

It's funny you mention that, I was definitely thinking it but I've only actually been in there 3 times and wasn't sure if it was just me or a coincidence but you're right! They were really unfriendly, I asked one guy how much an Akasa fan was, he didn't even look at me! Just looked at the fan and said "£8" then looked back at what he was doing. Tosser. The other times there was nothing specific, but a very overwhelming feeling of "For christ sake, you mean I actually have to *sell* things to people".

They also overcharged me for an X2 255 as well.

16. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I first go to yoyotech and they have never let me down and they are just down the road. If I can't get their I go to scan, who's deliveries have been brilliant and also ebuyer.

Any problems I have ever yoyotech have sorted it out without problems. They also price match and have always found the staff friendly and helpful.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Last edited: 30 Sep 2011
  17. Matticus

Matticus ...

Scan, ebuyer, CCL are my 3 main ones. The purchase process, price and delivery were great at Overclockers (for that specific item at that time), but it was just when I had a problem and needed a return that they really fell down. So I won't be using them again.

If I need any stuff like screws/bolts/fans/cases, I will usually look at specialtech, Kustom PC and chilled PC, sometimes quiet PC have good prices but personally never used them.

I had a little issue with a retention bracket from Kustom PC where the item was slightly bent when it arrived, I bent it back into place and it worked fine, emailed Kustom PC and they refunded the cost of shipping for my troubles.

Returned some dodgy yate loons to Chilled PC, they were very helpful but took ages to get a refund, I ended up getting a cheque (sent first class) from them 1 day after I reminded them they hadn't processed my refund about 3 weeks after they received the fans. Seems like they genuinely were very busy and had forgotten. I haven't held it against them :)

18. shah

shah Minimodder

Scan, Ebuyer, overclockers are the way to go. YYT is as described above...... not a friendly attitude so never went back there again...

19. teppic

teppic What's a Dremel?

A lot of them are fine until you need to do a return for something faulty. The best I've found for that is Amazon, they tend to refund/replace without any hassle at all, and pay for the return delivery too.

20. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

Hi ya, Ive been shopping with Scan now for 10 years and swear by them. I either go collect it or have it delivered. Customer service is excellent and I recently ordered a 3XS system for a customer and I was more than pleased with the quality of the build and the install.

Catherine