1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mom's Computer

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Tec_, 2 Sep 2011.

1. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

so during a storm last week two weeks ago (i can't remember) a power surge killed our lights for a min and in the process killed my mothers power supply. All of my gear was ok because I use a UPS battery backup, but my mom’s rig is not on one. so wile i was waiting on a new one to be shipped from new egg i thought i would snaz the box up a bit.

sadly i never thought to take a before pic but the outside of the case did not all i did was rattle can the inside with some self etching automotive filler primer (my fave) and then hit it with a gloss white engine enamel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i then soldered in some el chepo led's i picked up at auto zone. 12v car automotive stuff transitions so well in to a computer. i wasn't able to do any of it in my basement shop like i normally would because i was letting my mom use my use my shop computer and i need to have some tv shows or music going while i work. so i did it all in my room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and Ma's new set up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some cool pics i like of it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im also dumping a new OS on to it and when i first built it i upgraded from the wimpy rubber feet that came with the case to some bitching milled billet aluminum.

thought you guys might like the shinny LED's

2. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Awesome job Kevin! :thumb:

My step-father has been talking about building a new PC. I should have enuf spare cases, so he can chose something he likes.. Of course, I'll try and sway his decision to something cool.

(as I proceed to hide the lanboy air)

3. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

thank you Bill coming from you that is high praise. and if your step-father has his sights set on the lanboy air he has some good tastes.

also if you have to many cases floating around im sure i could help you out. lol

i have a zotac nForce 610i-itx ive had sitting around for some tome now with out a home. got any ideas?

4. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Very good case for catching bunnies in the field

5. Fuganater

Fuganater What's a Dremel?

This is probably the greatest thing I have ever seen! My mom would love this.

6. jones2636

jones2636 What's a Dremel?

Ahhh thats a crying shame when somthing like that messes up a system. But guess getting it replaced with somthing new. And top modding done there.

7. Xcellenye

Xcellenye What's a Dremel?

Looks nice but the blue isn't really for women so i don't think she will like it

8. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Computers aren't for women generally ( or women aren't for computers, you know what I mean ), so I think any mother happy enough to own & use a cube case will be cuffed to bits with one that's done up to look so cool.

unless you think he should have used pink LEDs... :hehe:

9. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

look at my album, i think i like bllluuuuueeee :naughty: i also like red.

as for you i can't believe you said that, well i can :rolleyes: ;) you'll be telling us we can't frag UR ass next. :D

10. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Can I 'frag' your ass too? ;)

I was making a broad generalisation I must admit, but you know exactly what I was getting at- especially given there are about only 2-3 females on this forum and X-thousand males- thus, my point is made & proven quite nicely :D