1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Please suggest a new case (easy to clean)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by droomagon, 3 Oct 2011.

1. droomagon

droomagon What's a Dremel?

Hello folks,

I am the first time poster here, and after browsing the site for a bit, i still havn't decided which case i wanna go with, so i'm wondering if you guys could help me out.

Currently, I have a case from Silverstone, FT-02, its a huge one, and so i'm looking to replace it, because it simply takes up too much space, so i wanna get a smaller case, that does just as well!

Lian Li PC-A04 isn't a bad one, but the filter is at the bottom of the case, and cleaning it might prove to be a headache, and because i'm lazy............ plus, i don't wanna it flip over everytime i wanna clean it, and it could be bad if the computer is operating at the time......

The basic requirement is....
    - the filter has to be easy to clean, without moving the computer itself
    - anything under 300 bucks i can probably afford
    - good ventilation
    - has to be small, (FT-02 is way too big, i don't know what i was thinking at the time)
    - i don't buy ATX board anything, so as long as i can fit in Micro ATX or ITX boards, its good
    - has to be able to fit a 230mm video card inside

thanks guys!

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

How about the Silverstone TJ08-E? Front panel filter, reasonably small and fits mATX-board + all the graphic cards and storage you'll ever need? (is cheap as well..)

3. viewasjack

viewasjack What's a Dremel?

Corsair 600T does me fine. Fits all your requirements and I've had mine about 2 months now and still haven't needed to clean out the inside, due to the easily removable fan filters.

4. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Sticking with corsair, I would suggest the 650D, it doesn't get very dusty to begin with and with the addition of filters it is an absolute doddle to clean :).

5. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I'm guessing you both missed the 'Has to be small' requirement? Those cases, whilst apparently mid-towers, are hardly what you'd call small. In fact they're larger than some full towers.

The TJ-08E is a much better suggestion - an up-to-date high performance MATX case (which seem to be severely lacking in the market right now).

Another potential is the Lan Gear Da-Box 100, but that somewhat sacrifices filtering for size - though you won't find much smaller that fits MATX and (two!) 6990(s). It'll also take decent size coolers, unlike most MATX cases which place the PSU above the CPU socket.

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well, i should not say anything bad about it, because i got a discount from them due high shipping costs to my country, but i have my reservations about this case. Build quality is lacking a lot. The buttons break easily (but they still work after that), the LEDs pop out more than often and what is the worst thing in it - the panels. Putting it back is a nightmare, and even if you do, usually you get a not-so-nice fit (one of my side panels doesn't line up by about 2 or 3 mm on front).

Of course maybe they resolved these issues in meantime, i ordered it more than year ago, i was in first 10 european buyers from the french Lan Gear.

Maybe the OP should think about Fractal Design Define Mini.

7. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Yah, my bad. I second the TJ-08 :).

8. droomagon

droomagon What's a Dremel?

thanks guys!

i've looked up TJ08B-E, and the thing looks pretty sweet !!!
    so i'll be looking this case up locally.... and see if i can find it...

any other options tho? just incase Silverstone doesn't have this case in my area, rofl