Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

I swear... Sometimes I think that the people on my team are 3 year old kids... I practically did ALL the work in this battle, and we still lost!!!

[​IMG]

And just had 3 more like it...

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Tell me about it. I had a battle today in arty where i one shotted the first four targets with the first shot each before they took out anyone and we still lost.

3. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Just restarted playing world of tanks (played a bit during the beta), a lot more enjoyable now I've got a decent computer that doesn't lag/take half the match to load.

I'm currently starting out on the german tanks, just got a PzKpfw 35 (t) and thinking of heading towards medium tanks (and perhaps tank destroyers). Are there any particularly good german medium tanks to head for?

Last time I got to a fully upgraded + crew trained VK 1602 Leopard which was good fun, but that was when you got free premium account/gold so could train up the crew much more easily.

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I have the three mediums: PzIII/IV, PzIV & VK3601 (H). I went up both tree branches simultaneously and there is a benefit where a lot of the upgrades are mutually compatible (which saves you XP on research and credits when purchasing).

The Leopard is great fun but it results in a dead end eventually and the VK2801 is expensive.

5. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I've got both the III/IV and the IV and they are both good fun indeed.

I'd also suggest the German TD line as well, the line of Marder II, Hetzer, Stug III and JgPzIV is just a joy to work up (IMHO), and from what I gather the Ferdinand is an absolute beast of a TD as well.

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The III/IV is fantastic. The IV is more of a sniper than a proper medium in my eyes. It's not that slow and does have a stonking gun (seriously, i took down a ferdi by myself with that bad boy) but my god not even the KV turns that slow lol

There's a lot of good German mediums but after my initial hatred of US tanks I've fgot up to the M7 and T1 Heavy which are really good fun, can't wait to get in to the Easy 8 to see that in action. everyone raves about it being fun.

For TD's i also find the Germans to be the most fun so far but the Russian aren't that far behind and yes, the Marder II is awesome. The US TD's are a bit hit and miss. The first (T18) was pretty bad but the T82 was good fun, alarmingly fast for a TD and the T40 is quite good as well with a massive fire arc. Got the Wolverine researched but I don;t hear great things.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I saw a Leichttraktor in a battle with upto tier 7 today. Shame some ***** tked him straight away.

I still hate the bloody PzKpfw III/IV I just don't get on with it. It's tracks fall off if you as much a look at them.

8. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Enjoying the pz35t but the panzerjager is a bit annoying as being in a tank destroyer seems to increase your effective tier for matchmaking, always seem to be with all T3/4 tanks (including mediums and other tds such as marder IIs)

9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I don't do it myself but every time i see a tier1 in a high tiered battle i have the urge to TK them as well. The only thing it does is gimp your own team. It was funny once or twice but not every 3rd or 4th battle.

Try the leopard lol I swear its tracks come from an actual lego tank.

Stick with it dude. Once you get in the Marder with the upgraded gun it will all be worth it. When you research the Hetzer you'll not want to move up lol

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

ive seen a few matchmaking issues recently...panzerjager in a match with tigers / tiger II and a couple of panthers ( and my KV ). got really annoyed with the guy coz he shot the back of my turret ( team killing jacka**) injuring my loader...im armed with the 152 derp ( with 30second relaod) so i was not impressed...carried on shooting me till i blasted him into oblivion now im banned for 24 hours due to teamkilling >_<
    FFS!!!

11. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

12. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

If find having lots low tiers in your team is helpful. It means you an extra top tier tank in your team generally.

13. lilgoth89

the marder is easily one of my fav tanks ive played so far, amazing gun for its teir, and even KV's will feel the pain from it

14. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

You do not get a 24 hour ban for 1 tk. I've done quite a few in my time and never suffered anything more than a few credits & xp being fined at the end of the match.

15. lilgoth89

i had a bit of AFK rage in the match previously and wiped out a rather silly ally in the match before that one
    seriously i poke the kv round a courner to fire the derp gun, and some idiot in an m3 lee comes and gets in my line of fire just as i pull the trigger >_<

16. j.col

j.col Minimodder

also saw one against tier v's, i bet the driver shat himself. :D (right column)
    also the 105mm gun on the Hertzer is killing me. i know it causes loads of damage, but the reload time, its like 20 seconds :jawdrop:
    [​IMG]

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I read here a long time ago that there was an overlay that could be used that highlighted weak spots in enemy tanks. Can someone remind me about the details if I have this right, I can't find it by browsing back through these posts...

18. j.col

j.col Minimodder

i have also heard somrthing like that, but could never find it.

in the options for the gun reticle, you can change it, so the aiming crosshair will change colour,
    green = good hit
    orange= possibe bounce
    red = definate boune/no penetration

iirc its in game options under reticle and change the gun marker to 'armour penetration'

19. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Ta, I'll look into that later.

20. j.col

j.col Minimodder