1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows General MW3 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by will_123, 8 Nov 2011.

1. gosh

gosh Minimodder

i completed the singleplay in 6hr (if you have played a MW game you have played this), got fed up of the multi in <2hr (twitch shooting in tight corridors only it rewards higher levels with both extra dmg/perks and better killstreaks so a newbie is fighting an uphill battle), played the specops for an hour before giving up (they are challenging and tbh best fun i've had in this game yet, not tried survival which it unlocks gear for).

all of this on a ps3 - the reason ? so i could trade it in if i didn't like it. will give it till next week to grow on me but since i got it in a sainsburys deal i can get more back toward a better game (bf3 will probably be a tenner cheaper next week for pc, or there is skyrim) than i spent on it to start with, tactical spending.

<edit> not disappointed by this, just unsurprised. has less SP replay value than MW1 IMO - that had some great scenes which i still replay, shame 2 and 3 have just aped them and really not added anything new. MP mixes 1's close maps with 2's customisation and unlocks and while it is apparently more tactical i still find it a kill/die/repeat ADHD experience.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2011
  2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

too late. they already announce they're releasing another CoD next year.
    http://kotaku.com/5857623/yes-were-getting-another-call-of-duty-next-year

also, torrents are out already with some sites hitting 5000+ snatches :eeek:

with BF3 torrents are barely seeded since no one wanna waste 13Gb of download just for single player... lol

as for hackers, whadaya expect? most FPS with online multi got hacked by day 1. theyr gonna try to patch it, n more will appear. patch. hack. patch. etc.... just enjoy the game n try to ignore them.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

My mate bought it for PS3... played it and said it was massively underwhelming. I think I might nick it off him for the single player just to see how it ends.

4. Bede

Bede Minimodder

This. I'm strangely interested in the story but I'd feel bad torrenting it so I'll have to play it on someone's console :s

5. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

It is just a map pack with a few weapon changes but that is enough for me as I really enjoy the mindless multi-player. I have L4D2 for the paying attention clan based gaming and MW3 is just mindless fun :)

6. el2k

el2k Modder

I've been playing it flat out and I think it's sick.

I only play online, Haven't played any of the single player bullsh*t. Never have in any of the games.

The guns are great, perks are great, killstreaks are great. I agree the maps can be a bit small and crowded, not the best for snipers.

I'm level 36 on the multiplayer online after 3h56m gameplay i think. So you can level quite fast.
    That's playing TDM only. Only play other game types when playing with friends (completing team objectives with randomers sometimes proves tricky!)

I do also have to mention the point of enemy footsteps, definitely a lot quieter than before. Figuring which direction they are coming from is quite hard now.

Overall it's just another game in the COD series. An update of MW2 with new maps/guns/perks etc.

I'm not really sure what people were expecting?

7. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I'm wondering what was going through his/her mind that this would be any different from the last 2 or 3 COD games?

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Watched my mate play it online, there's a few interesting perks and additions to the game.

Booby trapped care package - quite fun :p

The kill confirm thingy - Need to pick up the dog tags of the person you've killed for it to be counted. Stops snipers being camping little fecks.

Still not going to buy it though :)

9. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I've just picked this up to play later, any lowdown on a good weapon setup?

10. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Type 95 is best gun in game imo. 3-burst assault rifle that drops people in 1 hit most of the time. Works well with a silencer or just on its own. I use it with Sleight of Hand, Hardline and Marksman, with a silencer and Focus proficiency for reduced flinch when hit.

Bouncing Bettys are really strong too, they are basically claymores from MW2.

UMP is a solid submachine gun, and so too the P90. Id say use the ump and scar till you unlock the Type 95.

11. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Is the UMP similar to in MW2? As I fricking loved it with a silencer in MW2!

12. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Yes extremely similar!

13. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Kill Confirm mode is definately a nice addition and keeps the camping down. I'll be honest, I like the game's SP and MP especially because of Mercenary mode. Sucked though that not many folks were playing Merc mode yesterday. Majority were in standard TDM. Too many clans in TDM or any non Merc mode for my taste.

14. el2k

el2k Modder

UMP and Scar you can't go wrong.

Then go P90 and Type 95 when unlocked just as 3lusive said.

15. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

that's after the dirty irish limricks he cried over in prison

16. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

What???

17. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

There was the careless whisper of a 7.62mm round flying through the air - which went "wham" into the enemy.

"You've gotta have faith in your weapon," explained Michael.

The chopper set down in a storm of dust and grit.

"I knew you were waiting (for me)," he told Nikolai.

18. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

In SP, the AI is actually retarded...

Even on Veteran, they still just wander around aimlessly, and line up shots for me on-cue!

EDIT - and i cannot get the MP to load! Ive made the ports open in the firewall and everything, but nada!

20. SolidShot

SolidShot Minimodder

i brought it for "meh" why not kinda thing.

I think it needs renaming to: mw2.1

Its nothing more than a glorified DLC. Maps are cut and paste of cod 4, mw2 and blops. Weapons, menus are straight from mw2, as more most of the challenges. There are some ok new bits, but the rest is nothing more than a rehash!

Yet i go online, and ign give it 9/10?!?!

madness.