1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

I just keep running out of inventory space. I was at one of the mines on the way to the Eldenwhatsit tree and I think I caught a weird bug. I was fast travelling between there and Whiterun to transport some dropped armour (a shopkeeper had taken a contract out on me for thieving his wares) and every time I travelled back to the mining town I was attacked by a dragon or some bad guys...

I need to buy that house in Whiterun...I don't want to lose any Dragon bones/scales.

Any hints on fast cash? I need 5000 in total and currently have about 3500. I don't have much space for looting in my inventory now :(

2. DwarfKiller

DwarfKiller What's a Dremel?

I usually only f5 around dungeons or before using my last lockpick, autosave is set to pretty much anytime I go in the menu and it's been more than sufficient so far. I was just running across the land discovering places on the way to the next town that showed up on my compass.
    It usually happens when I fast travel, which isn't so bad when it's always as I've ditched a load of crap at my house before setting off again.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Find a dead body..

Drag it to somewhere you know you'll be able to get back to. Store 'valuable' items there. Sell the other valuable things. Until you have the cash. Buy the house, then you can go back to the body and pick up your items and store them in the house.

AFAIK, people NCPs won't loot bodies, so you should be ok.

If need be, Dragon skeletons can be used as I'm 99% sure they don't disappear.

4. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

You can store stuff on a body? How?

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Buy planting it on them, search the body and you should be able to scroll down the side menu and go through your inventory.

6. Durd

Durd Minimodder

What purpose do dragon bones serve? I collect the scales, cause I may eventually get around to making some armour, although I prefer light..

7. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

the dragon bones are used to create and improve the heavy dragon armour and the dragon shield. they're not used in light armour, do sell quite nicely though

8. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

Aggh. Cheers. I am a light armour wearing nord so I may sell those bones on.

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Ah, I am a cloth wearing mage, so I think I will empty that cupboard full of dragon bones and drag them down to the nearest vendor then. Thanks for the tip - no point in saving them, it's not as if I can build a life size skeleton in my house!

10. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Am I the only one that hasn't had a crash then? Been playing for 25 hours so far, no crashes!

Lots of exploring though, but seriously always hit F5 its epic.

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

You probably are! Mine CTDs about every 20-30 minutes. Done the sound workaround and every other stability fix I can find - it's just one of those games I guess. It's the only game (other than Arma2, and I know why that is) which does it so I am not too worried.

12. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I've had a number of crashes, but the vast majority have been from alt-tabbing in and out of the game.

13. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Nope, me too :D 3 Hours down and no crash yet. Admittedly i do F5 like a chipmunk on steroids though.....Every.10.seconds....

14. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Well my copy finally arrived this morning (shipped on the 9th), apparently when you select 1-2 business days express delivery that means take as long as you want to the Royal Mail.
    On the bright side, even though it wasn't their fault, Amazon were nice enough to refund the postage and gave me a voucher for my trouble.

Looking forward to returning home from work and getting stuck in. :)

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

knew they'd be usefull.

Already got about 12 of each, just need to get another 50 smithing levels, :D

16. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

Since my last post (I can't get into single player RPG's) This world has sucked me in and spat me out, What a stunning game, So much things to see and do. Iv'e had my head smashed in by giants and Killed a nice old man Orc (Sad :(). I still don't understand most of the game yet but im getting there, Im putting all my points in block and one hander at the moment, Hope I don't mess anything up.

17. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

What a turn around! :) Glad your enjoying it, you'll have to go back and play the other TES games after the 300 hours it'll take you to complete this one ;)

18. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

It is a brilliant game isn't it.

I have had one or two freezes which I've had to turn my computer off at the mains to get out of. Interstingly my graphics card fan winds down when it happens so not sure what is going on. Also had a problematic save that wouldn't load so had to go one step back.

Only real gripe I have is I wish quick saves had like 3 slots or something, rather that overwriting the same one. Made a few mistakes I wish I could go back on but would lose too much game time doing so (such as killing Lydia - oops :D )

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've gone mostly block and one hand.

But also, heavy armour, and archery, restoration and smithing.

There's a nice one in one handed, which means I now keep decapitating people, :D

If anyone wants some dwarven ingots, go over towards the imperial camp, and just below where you have to go for the winterhold college quest, there's a dwarven store room, with about 20 ish dwarven ingots.

20. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I'm having lots of fun as a pure mage, whipping out a soul-trapping bow every so often to get some cheap souls. Dressing up as Darth Sidious and spamming lightning from your fingertips never gets old :D

I just hope that you can carry on playing once the main quest has finished, I feel guilty even trying the Mages Guild quest when I know there are dragons to slay!

The sound isn't great, but that's one of the compromises you always get with Bethesda.