1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Scariest Games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 Oct 2011.

1. kwstas

kwstas What's a Dremel?

So,nobody played Scratches?...

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I've had many games pull a gotcha on me (i'm easily startled), but the one and only game that has me shitting my pants for nothing is still Amnesia. No contest, scariest game ever, by miles and miles.

3. Sutura

Sutura What's a Dremel?

I don't play scary games. They burden my mind too much. I made an exception for Dead Space franchise, since it is a very very well-done game. But on general no-go :)

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah.. I found the lab pretty scary- was one part where you hear a crying baby behind a door.. you open it up and it's one of those yoda guys playing with your mind..

I remember a couple of fails just because I was fumbling with the flashlight and ended up with a box telekenetically bouncing off my head :D

lol the fails

5. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

I remember playing Realms of the Haunting some 10-15 years ago and it use to scare the crap out of me! I don't really play many scary games but this one sure as hell sticks in my mind!

6. Xunsu

Xunsu What's a Dremel?

I think doom 3 is very scary, not the big mosters, for some reason or the spiders I sort of expected them, its the zombies and how you never see em till they are eating your face freaked me out, also being ethoir in the dark with ethoir your gun or tourch really sent chills.

I suprsied that dead space was not mentioned as that is quite a scary game, but I think the reason why I did come to complete it in the end and did quite well Ie only dying a few times due to bugs or by fualt. was mainly due to well, my gun was my protector...seems all the games bit tech is scared of is were you feel valnable to attack, and to be honest thats natural.

7. ProAken

ProAken What's a Dremel?

phantasmagoria

8. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

the first FEAR got to me pretty good, but I did play in the dark late at night and sitting in the middle of my surround sound speakers ... the spooky music was spot on

You'll laugh, but the bridge part of Highway 17 in Half Life2 ... crossing on those girders so high up with the wind whistling made my palms all sweaty and made me so jitty that I fell to my death numerous times .. found out I don't like heights much ;-)

9. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

I was about 17-18 when Doom 3 came out. Sitting there playing through it, an the part where arm comes through the wall at you. I had just past that point it, was around 2.30am sitting with headphones on and lights off....when I feel someone place there hand on my shoulder I sh*t myself and jump up out the chair throwing a punch lucky for me, I noticed its was my mum coming down to grab a drink lol!

Half-Life 2 (Ravenholm level) I pretty much said f**k this and speeded through the level as quickly as possible.

To be honest I will sometimes jump when I run into a room and someone is trying to come out of the room playing fps games online etc... lol!

10. mediapcAddict

mediapcAddict What's a Dremel?

the scariest gaming experience I ever had was installing BF3 and reading the terms and conditions of EAs origin DRM. :jawdrop:

11. shaunster1011

shaunster1011 What's a Dremel?

Paranoid much? :nono:

12. mediapcAddict

mediapcAddict What's a Dremel?

OMG how did you know I was paranoid - have you been watching me??

thats so scary

srsly haven't actually got a copy of bf3 just posted for the lulz from what I've heard. never found amnesia scary just annoying.

However on paranoia every tin foil hat in the pc world says microsoft can look at anything they want on anyones pc. as one MS employee put it
    " when the nsa come asking us to help with a matter of national security what can we say?"

On that scale origin looks sounds pretty tame. loads of computer programs send back "usage data" nice and vague covers everything and anything and probably next to nothing in the real world.

13. Sinwell

Sinwell What's a Dremel?

The scariest games I have ever found was the Fatal Frame series of games.
    Fatal Frame (2001)
    Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly (2003)
    Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented (2005)
    Zero: Tsukiihami no kamen (2008)

Tags: Add Tags