1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epic's Mayhem Aurora Coolant Review

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Djayness, 5 Dec 2011.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Epic's Mayhem Aurora Coolant Review

[​IMG]

Welcome back to another episode of Epic PC Cases and today we are doing a full on review of the Mayhem Aurora coolant, a coolant which is unlike anything on the market at the moment!

To start off, you'll realise that the Mayhem Aurora looks thicker and has texture to it and this in part is the reason I have chosen to use it in my system. The texture makes the coolant it's own flow meter and looks absolutely unique!

If you did want to grab a hold of this stuff, head on over to http://www.thekoolroom.com/category/coolant-additive--dye/

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

neat, but not a film...

3. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

If you find a fitting place for this thread to live then please do send it there :)

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Nice review; moving to Modding. :)

5. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Cheers Nexxo :)

6. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Do they ship to the uk?
    cant find anything to say they do or dont! :)
    :worried:

7. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Overclockers.co.uk sell it.I have the purple in my system :)

8. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

did you notice any higher temps when compared with distilled water?

9. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

specialtech sell it aswell

10. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I haven't noticed any increase of temperature but then again it's fairly hard to tell as my CPU, GFX, NB, SB and RAM are all on the same loop. It's base is distilled water so I wouldn't be expecting to see any change in terms of the thermals, not a significant one anyhow.

It does look like the mix would be quite difficult to flush but then again I hope to avoid doing that for some time yet.

11. bdigital

hmmm, i think it looks great. But it also looks thick and gloopy - I would want to know what it was like to flush out, and what it did to your blocks before putting it in my loop.

Is it UV reactive?

12. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

1) Easy to flush out just takes longer than normal.

2) www.mayhems.co.uk (were uk based company)

3) please read wiki before even considering buying this stuff - wiki here - http://mayhems-aurora.wikispaces.com

Mayhems is a very small company and has been going now for 3 years (this year). We have gone though many changes over the last few years and were a very rapidly taking over the market in the liquid cooling sector of the market. On average we sell 8 to 1 of our products in comparison to other manufacturers.

We are all so going to be releasing new radiators next year that we have been working on for quite some time and we have other new products just waiting to go through the testing stages.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2011
  13. bdigital

Certainly look really good :)

I read in the wiki that the Aurora is not for 24/7 home use though? Only for demos/photo shoot/shows etc?

Hmm

14. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

We recommend it that way as we get people new to water cooling who dont understand about the dynamics of using such liquids and we only produced this for that reason.

If you after a 24/7 fluids we recommend X1 or Pastel. Pastel will last in a system, upto 2 years with no problems and is perfect for modding to. X1 is what id call our standard liquid. X2 is a new formula that were working on as well that contains no dyes, is 20% stronger under UV and all so will last a long time. this is under test at the moment but we will show it fully in system once i get time.

We are trying our best to cover all aspects and all users of liquid cooling.