1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals [ Wireless Headets - Advise me ]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mat0tam, 13 Jan 2012.

1. mat0tam

mat0tam Mr I Dont Know What I Want

Heloooooooo bittech

So im currently loking at my desk and the only thing I hate is my desk mic. Also need some new headphones so a headset makes sense.

Wireless would be nice as I can watch films from my bed (3/4m away)
    Would also like pc/xbox compatibility.

Ive currently been looking at the Razer Chimeras; (Expensive?)
    5.1 @ £170
    2.1 @ £130

My Questions
    What headsets do you use, what are they like? what do they cost? Do you notice the improvement of 5.1?

Also would Sonys PS3 7.1's work on Xbox/PC? (£80)

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Jeeze, hell no, please don't spend £170 on a gaming headset, or actually even £130.

I've owned the Logitech G35s which supposedly have Dolby 7.1 surround, and actually, I went back to 2.0 (stereo). The 'surround sound' really just makes the soundstage more 'open' - and compared to actual 5.1 (which I also have) is pretty poor.

You can spend about £80 on either a good stereo set (like the Asus Vulcans), or if you really want 5.1, something like the Corsair Vengeance 1500 at £76 would be a far wiser way to spend your money.

3. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

How can headphones be 2.1?

Is there a sub on the top of them?

4. mat0tam

Mhmm I have been very sceptical about the claim of 5.1 actually being as good as you would imagine based on speaker quality.

I cant seem to find any reasonably priced wireless headsets. Wired Are all over and can get a good pair for £50 but wireless seems to be a different story.

The Asus vulcans look really nice and get some good review, although Im after wireless so theyve been put to the back of my mind for now. :(

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Well, you could get any headphones you like and then attach them to your computer with this. I've got one, works really well.

6. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

I tried some Logitech G930's and nearly bought some when I saw them for £65 as I really liked
    them, especially for that price. But they appear to be around £130 range now. :/

Try some out if you like. But they aren't the best audio-wise I wouldn't say. But the wireless
    worked well at least. If you can get them for under 70 i'd say they're a bargain.

DEFINITELY don't go for Razer things. They're stupidly high priced for what they are.

And those PS3 ones are a giggle, fancy wearing 2 PS2's either side of your head. :D
    No idea if they work for PC, buy it and see? Return if it doesn't work? :)

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I would personally stay away from anything wireless. I've never heard of anyone having great success with wireless audio with any decent/quality audio transmission. I'd also stay away from anything with "gaming" in the name, they tend to be over priced and lacking in quality. I'd recommend a set of stereo headphones, the only problem with that is that most don't have a mic attached to them :(

8. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

9. mat0tam

Hmm prices are really scary. My current headphones are the Sennheiser HD 555s' Which are really nice, only shame is its a 6.3mm jack so needs a 3.5mm adapter.

Tempted in the short time to just get a extension cable so I can still wear them in bed when gaming/watching tele.