1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Responded - Now What About The Rest Of Us?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by greypilgers, 25 Jan 2012.

1. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

I'm happy with the increased frequency of articles, but what is really surprising me is how few comments on articles there are. It used to be that every new article published had a slew of forumites commenting and casting judgement within the first few minutes... Now I see articles online for hours before a post, and even longer passes with the comment count not even reaching double figures... I think that the website was allowed to decay for too long and too many have now turned off.

I think Bit-Tech is in intensive care. The next 24 hours will be critical.

2. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

What about the sponsored news articles that link out to external websites? I'm fine with this if it's an interesting story but I swear I've just clicked on the second article that's gone to an American site, the first was about Best buy going under from the huffington post, the second about the new Ford Fusion (bit-tech being a hardware and games review website), which uses the word sedan but not only that but the article's date is 9th Jan: not really NEWs. Come on guys, Target Audience!!

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Not everyone is sitting around at home doing nothing, a lot of people are at work, or if they are over in the US of A, then probably only just getting out of bed. Bit-tech has always been quietest at this time of day.

Sam

4. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I think most people just skip the front page and go directly to the forums so as to not have their eyes assulted by the over the top flash adverts.

5. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

I was at work when posting my original post - luckily im not a phone monkey or a desk slave so I have the freedom to do this. However in the past even news items just over 14 hours old had double figure comments, whereas at the moment news items that are over 24 hours old haven't made double figures in comments. Either no one cares anymore, or no ones reading...