1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EVE Online Players Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 10 Sep 2006.

1. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

In two minds with Shadow Cartel. Sure, they're pretty good but some of your guys can be more than a little pretentious when they want to be.

2. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Yeah, we have some massive ego's to be fair :). We have a good laugh on comms but some of the guys can't take a joke.

3. Splooshiba

Splooshiba Minimodder

Is anyone here in red vs blue?

4. wst

wst Minimodder

Just got a computer that is capable of EVE, and I'd like to get into it (duh)... but I have no idea about anything to do with the game at all, it all seems rather daunting really. I mean, it's relatively safe as a beginner, right? I'm generally just... lost.

Is there a "20 steps to beginning EVE" thing on the internet somewhere? Sorry, newbish questions I guess :p

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

There is a guide called "ISK", but the Eve-University is a good corp to look for guidance from as a newcomer.

6. wst

wst Minimodder

Aha, thanks for the ISK guide. I'd never have thought to search for that. Think I'll stick that onto the Kindle for when it's downtime at work :D

7. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

So I resubbed my account back just after the expansion. I gotta say im loving it again. Re subbed all of my accounts again in jan.

I'm in TNT so part of the north, loving ops on my pvp alt.

Got a PVE Talios fitted with blasters, just under 1k dps with drones not heated, tanks belt rats no problems at all though anoms can be dicey.

8. wst

wst Minimodder

On my 3rd day of a 21 day trial, joined a corp due to boredom with the training missions. Piloting a rifter, bit underqualified for some of the stuff I want to fit to it so far so I'm sitting docked while my skills train up. (So I have 20 seconds of hope when I undock, being in lowsec)... still need something so I can fit medium clarity shield boosters or whatever they're called... (and someone willing to sell them at a sensible cost. The system average is about 18k isk, and someone is selling for about 1m... I'm not going to fall for that scam :p)

9. Splooshiba

Splooshiba Minimodder

Thats the price you pay for doorstep delivery of items :p

10. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

Just resubbed after a year of not playing, and am back in a tengu doing some lvl 4 agent missions for the next week till i decide to brave 0.0 again!

11. Splooshiba

Splooshiba Minimodder

red vs blue seems to have gone downhill at the moment which is a bit rubbish. we can't get into jita cos we are always at war with people other than red/blue :/.

12. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

Have to say running the tengu on the lvl 4 agents is very easy and ok money , now whether to be tempted to try a lvl 5 and risk it all for some extra isk!

13. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

L5 you will need logsitics as they are designed to be done in groups, only really worth it for the LP, incursions are better isk.

14. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

I will have to look into the incursions thanks.

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

These are designed to be run in groups, ideally a corp that runs them would be best.

16. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

A few years back i played eve very hardcore and amassed a large amount of isk , but then got a little bored as this was before POS were introduced and the only stations you could "own" were the blank ones in 0.0 if you shot them for an hour and then took them for ur corp! Now the game has changed so much its hard to keep up, ive been ina few alliance wars even been a pirate which was a lot of fun also. Now i think im gonna play it straight with missions and these incursions , i have a corp mainly old players so we should be ok to run these. I would like to try running some complex's but i dont know enough about them just yet.

17. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Just resubbed my couple of accounts, getting sorted out and the like.

My corp seems to have pretty much died since I've been away though, and I'm a little bored of wormhole life. Think I need to find somewhere else to call home!

18. Andrew K

Andrew K What's a Dremel?

somebody mentioned Eve Uni as a good starting option... don't do it. It will bore you. Join one of the pirate corps. You will then learn EVE the right way, in a rifter, shooting everyone, not hiding in stations for days due to "regulations".

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Their is nothing wrong about joining eve university, just as a allaince they are picked on for being easy kills.

Pirate corps are all well and good if you want to fly a rifter and have negative sec, new players grinding back up is never easy.

20. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Is anyone else having issues since the 1.6 patch. I'm not sure whether it's my connection or the game, but out probing in a cloaky last night and the game kept locking up every five to ten minutes.

It's going to be new router time anyway because of the Home Hub 3's comedy disconnects, but I just wanted to know if the game has been flaky for anyone else.