1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Feel cheated by Deus-Ex HR/Steam!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by t4n6o, 9 Feb 2012.

1. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

just finished the 4th playthrough and did the non violant approach and decided not to kill anyone to get the 'pacifist' achievement - and i did it - but didn't get the achievement.

any ideas, apart from i musn't of done it or killed someone along the way!

2. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

which ending did you choose? as i did the same thing as you, was a pacifist and chose to -

flood the base (thought it was the most unselfish thing to do) then realised that technically, by doing that, i had killed a crap load of people on the base
    :p

Maybe you did the same?

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i discovered this half way through my pacifist playthrough:
    you cannot kill the guys at the very beginning, the bit before you got your augmentation.

because of that, my pacifist playthrough is currently on hold, because i took a Skyrim to the Steam.

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I did Pacifist, Foxiest of the hounds and Legend all at the same time on my second playthrough. I didn't really have any problems and it was actually quite easy (since most of the time you're sneaking past people or running away), except for a couple of situations which are a little awkward get through using only non-lethal means (though these were mostly optional side missions IIRC). Just make sure to stockpile gas grenades at every available opportunity, they are fairly rare but get you out of a pickle when you've got no choice but to take down a few guys who are all in a single small room; flashbangs are pretty useless IMO. And obviously make sure you max out the stealth perks as early as you can (hacking, cloak+silent walk/run, ILS, punch through walls, jump height - in that order - are all useful when trying to find/use alternative routes instead of fighting head-on).

There was a bug where non-lethal takedowns, stun guns, and tranq darts killed people instead of just knocking them out, but IIRC that was supposedly fixed in a patch update. Nevertheless, just make sure to quick save often and keep en eye out for the icon above the enemy's head - if it's a skull (or something like that) instead of the 'Zzz' icon then it means they're dead, so just reload the last save and do it again.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2012
  5. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

Final "boss fight"....... I **think** if you knock out the guards and they get electrocuted, it counts against you

6. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I am guessing the characters you killed in the game also feel cheated what with you being a pacifist and all.

7. t4n6o

no, i chose the ending on the right and i didn't touch the guys at end of game

think i killed the first 2 in 1st room,and gassed everyone else

stun and tranqs gave z's not skulls so ok in that department lol

i let the electricity sort them out for me lol

well, they should be lucky that they are only unconsious and not dead lol

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

If an AI falls more than, like, seven feet while unconscious; it dies. I've made that mistake a few times.

9. t4n6o

just had another thought aswell, when you have to drop chun off therooftops to the street below.

looks like i am doing a 5th playthrough

10. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

If you can't be bothered playing through again there's always this: http://gib.me/sam/

Steam Achievement Unlocker :p

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

that will count as well, there is a non lethal way of beating him and thats to knock him out and plant drugs on him iirc

12. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Comfirmed. Worked hard for this one, but never got it in end. On a hunch from a friend, loaded a save just before the end fight and I kept all guards away from the water completely. Got the Achivement! :thumb:

In general if you leave a guard knock out, but then by leaving him there "to die" so to speak, it will count as a count to you. Also if a guard lobs a frag your way while you next a knocked out guard, will also count against you.

So I think it's safe to say that if anyone in the game ever dies, except for a scripted sequence, the game will blame you! :wallbash: :hehe:

13. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

THere's still ab bug where tranquing some guards kills them rather than a KO. Mostly happens to me if they are sitting on a sofa. Always happens to me if i tranq the guard sitting on the sofa in the witnesses apartment first time in Detroit.

14. t4n6o

isn't that kind of defeating the objective of doing the game, what is the point of cheating and doing stuff like that????

will have to have a look at that when i go through again lol

if you let them get electricuted by the machine and not after you KO them that would count as not by your hand wouldn't it also what about turrets and robots if you set them to enemies would that count against you???

15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

You thought that you did what you were supposed to do to get the achievement, but either the game screwed up or you accidentally killed someone during your playthrough.. Why waste your time doing the whole thing again?

16. t4n6o

simple really, i enjoy the game and tbh i havn't finished a game with all the achievments so i'm gunna make this 1 the first. And as stated in a previous post i dropped chun off the roof tops so i made an error there and have realiseds where i have gone wrong.

besides which, i dont want to run the risk of getting my steam account banned, even if it is only a small chance!

17. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

I love the game I am on my 20Th play through lol

18. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

In a word: Yes

You hacked the gans and turned them against the guards. It's easier to see the achivement, not as a tichical one, but rather as an ethical one. What would you IRL count as "killing" someone?

19. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Why do you think you are going to get banned?

20. t4n6o

who knows but if there is a risk of getting banned due to cheating, i wont chance it cos i have a bit of money in my steam account which i cant afford to set up all again due to the fact of this not to mention the hours i have put in