1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

If they're pissed then it only reinforces your decision - if they're the sort of family that can't be understanding enough of your reasoning and your decisions then that's a great reason for going ahead without them interfering. Good for you.

JBond and teacherboy like this.
  2. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Not really - we have an almost year old daughter and they've been pushing for a wedding, my family are in Norfolk (I live in Somerset now) and my folks are in Canada skiing - needing to be quick as am expecting to go in for some pretty major heart surgery in the next few weeks/months depending on results of tests in Bristol in a week or so - makes sure my daughter will be taken care of as new wife will get pensions/death benefits pay-outs should anything go tits up - none of which she'll get now as we just cohabit and there are NO legal rights attached to that (common law is a common myth - know that for sure as she is a divorce lawyer :eeek:)

They'll understand and we'll have a big party a year or so down the line when I'm all patched up and properly healed and fit again

3. teacherboy

Thanks - plus is cheap as chips :D

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Well heartiest congratulations on your impending betrothal, and a good luck against your health issues!

My personal victory for this evening is finally getting my car back on the road after a month-long slog of evenings and weekends changing the engine, then the clutch when it was slipping after refitting. Suffice to say I'm chuffed to bits, because now I can concentrate on this: [​IMG]

teacherboy likes this.
  5. teacherboy

Thanks - congrats on the spannering, I hate passing the car to a garage and try to do most things myself although I did own an Impreza Turbo 2000 a couple of years ago that ate 3 engines in dramatic fashion so i couldn't fix those - cost 1000's in rebuilds/parts/transplant on the third one.

All of the engines went in really mundane fashion driving at speed limits rather than being all fast and furious street racer-y (after all I am a Physics teacher!)

+rep for being a multi-purpose fixer of modern tech (if I'm allowed to give rep as yet)

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I can't wait to have a bulls**t free wedding, abroad, no best man, no pomp and best of all, NO RELIGION!

7. teacherboy

My sentiments exactly and well done to you - been to some brilliant weddings that were cheap - people getting hitched really had to think about what they wanted instead of what would impress people, and some horribly overblown ones where money wasn't an issue and they were just "meh".

Having just sat through Gypsy Weddings V2.0 (Guilty pleasure of mine and the wife to be) I am absolutely convinced that all the ceremony is just willy waving and getting married is fundamentally about 2 people who love each other and want to be together (In the real world at least).

If you have a registrar here you get a sheet of paper to fill in with options for the rings/vows/other bits I can't remember and we've gone for the simplest, easiest to recite and smallest amount of syllables for the speediest possible ceremony to get in, get hitched and get on with our lives as a married couple.

Just hoping that my partners brothers fiancée doesn't think we're stealing her wedding-y thunder as they're getting married on a cruise ship in April (Nobody is going due to cost/possibility of rough seas on way from UK to Mediterranean) and then having a big party afterwards at Lands End

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

so...

Congratulations to you and your lady! :clap:

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hah. Well when I bought the car I was a total novice, but decided I wanted to pay as few garage bills as possible and learn something on the way. Why pay for someone else's time when you can work on it yourself for free?! The other advantage is that if I do it, I know I've got it right and as close to how I want it as it can be. :)

The last engine died at about 2mph pulling away from a mini roundabout, not a very Rallye death either!

10. teacherboy

That is the most awesome thing - I'd totally forgotten about that scene in the mists of time :D

11. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Once I pass a drug test/criminal background check I have a job :D

making a very nice bit per hour too :thumb:

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

being put forward for a game designer role working at Criteron.

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Good job, is that at EA Guildford by any chance?

Sam

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i was told it was down Guildford way.

15. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Got my Fractal R3 today

16. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

£60 on poker tonight.

Thanks Sky Bet!

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Supposedly a concert date next wednesday. I don't care about the music, just the beautiful girl.

Also I have started playing CIV IV again.

Jesus my life literally disintergrates before me.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2012
  18. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Took 3 hours but I got everything transferred into my new R3. I even used cable management :lol:

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

just been told that Im not only being put forward for working at Criteron, but also Crytek UK as well.

****ING WIN!

20. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Nice. :thumb: