1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

That's easy for you to say "Mr. I get CandyPanda/Ocelote/*insert some Pro here* to carry me through low ELO".

:p.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Anyone else feel fiora is pretty OP? I go tanky dps and she does more than enough damage and has some decent survive, unlike all the other fools playing her full AD and than insta-dying. Think I go merc treads, bloodthirster, frozen mallet, atmas, than whatever is necessary.

Also started playing warwick again, haven't used him since the jungle changes since I thought it would really mess him up, he isn't the fastest jungle but a tanky warwick does work. I normally go merc treads, lantern, wits end, sunfire, than more health. Amazing ganks once he's 6, and he doesn't go down.

Also finally starting to play new champs, been playing Ahri, Soraka, Shyvanna, Udyr and a few others more often. Trying to become a more versatile player. We have a friend who's level 30 but can't play anything besides Cassiopia mid or Vayne bot, and he isn't very good with Vayne despite how much he plays her.

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I couldn't get the hang of Fiora and lost every game with her (admittedly though, i was busy so this is only... maybe 4-5 games and it was during the "for some reason i'm with derps" phase).

I tried building her more akin to Riven (Wriggles -> Treads -> Brutalizer) but that was usually as far as it got before we lost. She was fun though and i'll probably try revisiting her.

Currently played quite a bit of Irelia and finally having some success with her (after all her nerfs lol).

4. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

Played a few games at a LAN. And I have one question is ever single person who plays this game an idiot?

5. Chris1554

Chris1554 What's a Dremel?

100% sure you're the guy who said your done with it and your uninstalling because its a piece of crap :p

Being biased towards a game because of the small player base you have seen is not how you evaluate a games worth. There are idiots in this game just like any other game. I have also met really awesome players and even became friends with a few.

6. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Yeah I know what you mean, even though Olaf is clearly AP.. ;)

I've also been hit hard by the ELO decay; I haven't got a full team together yet so playing ranked with randoms is too much to bear sometimes = ELO death.

Plus it's not even losing a match that's the issue, it's the "asshats" who can't enjoy the game unless they are clearly winning. I honestly don't mind someone having a bad game, it's the pointlessly hostile reaction that earns my report, even if we go on to win the match.

7. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Fiora is ridiculously OP, though for some reason a lot of people don't seem to agree..
    I understand the concept that she's a duelist and therefore supposed to be the 1v1 champ, but I'm not really sure how that fits into LoL; a primarily balanced team game.

When you lane against someone with that much natural lifesteal, and a parry at level 1 it's ridiculous. But then an ultimate which enables her to do masses of damage without being hit by abilities/turret damage, get the kill and use Burst of Speed to get away. :wallbash:

8. Chris1554

She has her counters just like everyone else really, I don't exactly feel like shes OP but she CAN carry as hard as a fed tryn if she gets fed. I've laned against akali a few times and the shadow thing counters Fioras ultimate (Which is ALOT of her damage 6+).

9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

*RAGE*

That is all.

10. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

lol well put.

Admittedly I have discovered she has some counters in solo lane. Seems running away and playing super defensive early game is best way to avoid feeding her and therefore make her impossible late game.

I still don't like the idea of her having so much dmg as part of her passive to riposte, especially since that ability can just reflect any attack. I guess it just takes some time to learn how to counter her.

11. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Now that i've calmed down...

My losing streak has returned and as my friend put it last night... "one person may be able to carry a team, but it's much easier for one to hinder their own team".

Last night would include a Jax who fed Kennen up top, a Xin who fed then rage quit or an MF who just got caught out of position lategame, costing us Baron and ultimately, the game.

I mean scores such as "9/4/18, 9/7/14, 6/2/5" etc. just aren't indicative of a game lost -.-'.

I want to be matchmade with sensible people again =/.

---

As for Fiora, she'll hard counter certain picks in top lane but at the same time i can see her being pushed out by more ability oriented champions such as Riven, Cho'Gath or any of the other AP tops.

12. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

I seem to have broken my cycle of losses, but there are still plenty of lost games that didn't need to be however. I do hate when people flame and leave after of deaths; a lot of people seem to just give up if they're not instantly fed and winning. Personally I enjoy a difficult match much more than a game we're winning by 10-15 kills...

Hmm maybe, Shyvanna seems to counter her ok early top lane, mostly by using Burnout to run in and out of the fight. Still not sure about her yet though.

13. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

So i actually won my game just now... solo, on my own, no partner or anything ;D.

I also realised that my losing streak landed me at 299 Wins, 299 Losses... which makes this my 300th win as well!

Although it's quite sad since i was around +15 Wins and i've dropped to being +1 :(.

The good thing about Shyv is that whilst she's an auto-attacker, her abilities also contribute to it and she has a way to stick to you better than Fiora can escape.

E.G.

-> Burnout Damage + Speed Boost = Stick to Fiora and no "need" to autoattack.
    -> Flame Breath = Extra Damage and also boosts autoattack damage
    -> Twin Bite = Used to bait out her Parry... if you charge her with the above combo she should burn the parry on a normal autoattack and then you hit Q to reset the autoattack timer and instantly get Twin Bite off.

Last edited: 26 Mar 2012
  14. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Nicely done! I'm currently about 15 wins ahead, fortunately I've been keeping it around that by solo and duo queuing. Which is surprising because usually relying on 3 or 4 randoms gets me an instant loss. What's your summoner name btw? ^^

Yes that's true, Fiora can't parry the DPS from burnout so just sticking by her without actively attacking would just ween down her HP. I do like Shyvanna, probably going to use her as a counter to Fiora from now on.

15. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I had the luckiest game a few days ago. We had a level 1 trynd die and rage quit, a galio that just stayed in lane and farmed and never participated in team fights, and when he did he didn't ult or really add anything to the team, and he also died pretty often. I was jungle WW and whenever I'd go to gank top he would just run back to our tower or tell me to "Get the f**k out of" his lane. I was fortunate in that the other 2 players were my friends and we were on skype and able to somehow 3v5 and win. I was jungle ww and ended 17/0/11. My friends were Blitz and I believe Swain so we were pretty tanky.

I was very surprised at how WW still is despite the jungle changes. I stopped playing him because I thought the jungle changes would ruin him, but he is still very viable and great for ganking / tanking / chasing. Built him tanky with merc treads, sunfire, wits end, frozen mallet, atmas, warmogs. Obviously I rushed a lantern than sold it at the end for warmogs. Fully buffed I was at over 5k health and was doing decent damage and very tanky.

16. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

SethAnub1s

Unfortunately my friend/queue partner came online and now it stands at 300 Wins, 301 losses -.-'.

He's not a bad player though so it's not as if he's "dragging me down" per se (except perhaps maybe in terms of ELO bracket), but he's certainly way more competent than the people we've been matched with.

I just have no clue how League's matchmaking can match me with a Vayne who has no idea how to use Condemn or that the Akali she's died to 10 times isn't any weaker this time round.

*sigh*.

17. Chris1554

If any of you guys are on EUNE I have a Vent server and I play a game or two of LoL most days.

I was on EUW awhile ago when I first started but used the free transfer as I had friends I know who play on NE.

18. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

I frequently find this happens, whether it's because your combined ELO means you need to be matched with others from a lower ELO bracket to balance out the team?? I'm not sure.

I just think the matchmaking system is broken :/ I seem to be matched with people from a much lower bracket more often than chance. E.g. at the end of a match last week I noticed there was difference of about 1500 combined wins between my team and the enemy's. Although obviously one can't see the total losses anymore.

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Yeah, the only thing I can think of is that his ELO is lower than mine... whilst his skill isn't that much worse than mine we have a mutual friend who is... not so good :rolleyes:.

We don't mind playing with him (apart from some of the excuses he comes up with), but doing so might have lowered his ELO by a somewhat significant amount.

I don't really correlate wins to player skill any more tbh.

In fact I find it rather amusing whenever people call me out for a low number of wins (when compared to my team).

What they obviously don't know about is the US Account i left behind when i moved to EUW which has 500 wins, for a total of 800 Wins and a total of ~1600 games played.

20. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Where does everyone go to check builds?

I was using SoloMid's but their site has gone to shite