1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 3 preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 24 Apr 2012.

1. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Maybe. If I was the developer I would be seriously considering dropping the PC format. Given the low market share it would make sense to avoid the extra development costs by just not bothering. As a bonus you don't have pc gamers constantly moaning about how rubbish the game is and a theoretical reduction in piracy.

2. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I hope NYC is a bit dirtier this time around. In crysis 2, even after the alien invasion with debris and trash everwhere, it still didn't seem to have that gritty-smog-in-your-lungs feeling I get when I take a short trip to the big apple. Perhaps the aliens aren't so evil and their just galactic janitors - mr hargreave from crysis 2 even admires how well they clean up the bodies of the dead. I know they can't accurately copy the layout and style of NYC exactly but they could at least get the trash right!

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Are they bringing back Hans Zimmer? I love the Crysis 2 soundtrack.

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Also, I loved Crysis 1 where increasing difficulty gave you fewer advantages. EG, hardest skill they spoke in Korean. Be nice to custom pick your own tweaks to the main game.

5. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

It looks so much Crysis 2.2 when all many of us wanted was Crysis 1.2 (not counting Warhead). Disinterested.

6. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Damn fine point, well made.

7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

We can but dream. One day we'll have an open world like Fallout in an engine like CryEngine, but not until the next generation+1.

8. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

This. Absolutely bob on the money! +rep

9. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

I just don't know why they bothered starting the hype train before E3 or whichever conference they'll take the game, and it's another year away? Plenty of replay time for the other three, looking at the bright side, but we'll just have to see what kind of game turns up next March, it's not an automatic buy.

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

all right, SPOILER time......

wtf happened in Crysis2 ending?

prophet died, some memory was left behind for the hero, the hero killed the big bad alien, prophet's consciousness took over the hero's body, big blinding wave killed all aliens in new york.

so whats with now "prophet's back", and 20 years later, the war between humans and alien continuous...

wtf happened? is there no tangible result from Crysis2?

n how the hell Psycho survived? is he, like, old now?

spoilers end.

ok, so... are the biodomes where human last hope is living in (like BT said) or where the aliens are contained (like Kotaku said)?

oh, and yes. nice graphics.

11. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

To be fair who knows what the actual PC market share was? They probably didn't count digital downloads and even if they did, The ***** that be at EA got it pulled from steam which would hurt sales. I played it over at a mates house in the end. Might consider it on disk if it drops far enough and probably would pay more if it was on Steam.

Redbeaver, there are spoiler tags that do a better job tho tbh the games long enough out.

12. dyonysyx

dyonysyx What's a Dremel?

<grammar naxi>
    From page 2: "That said, one of the few areas we found ourselves definitely disproving of Crysis 3 is in the noisiness of Prophet himself, who’s constant wittering..."
    should be
    'That said, one of the few areas we found ourselves definitely disproving of Crysis 3 is in the noisiness of Prophet himself, whose constant wittering...'
    </grammar nazi>

Thanks for the preview. Crysis 3 looks really sick. I only played Far Cry back when it came out and never finished it because fighting the monsters just wasn't 't fun compared to the (for its time) solidly intelligent and challenging mercenaries. Great games don't need brilliant plots. They help, but gameplay and immersion will always distinguish the most enjoyable, memorable, and really fun games.

13. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

Finally my 30yo computer will be able to run this... at last!

14. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

I own FC + C1 + CW.
    Didn't buy Crysis 2 because it looked crappier than a cattle feedlot, so I was going to wait until it was cheaper.
    Then we were told C2 was getting a DX11 update for PC, so I waited for the update before purchasing.
    Then C2 got pulled from Steam by EA in a fit of pique only a whiny little bitch like EA could decend to, just so they could prop up their own digital service.
    Now I don't care whether I ever get C2, and care just as little about C3.

I just built an ITX-format low power gaming computer so I don't suck down the 'lecce juice while playing older games, and I'm currently bedding it in with a non-lethal playthrough of Deus Ex, inspired by the achievement in DX:HR.
    In fact, given my current games library I think I could happily game for the rest of my life without purchasing another new game. F**k you EA, I don't need you.

15. Deders

Deders Modder

[​IMG]

16. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Ha ha... Worst Grammar Nazi ever. Especially when you spell Nazi with a X, and miss out the fact it should say disapproving, not disproving...

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you have NEVER played Crysis? oO*

18. Deders

Deders Modder

Can anyone actually tell me what was wrong with the aliens in Crysis?

19. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

They weren't as fun to kill as the humans.

20. Bigspleen

Bigspleen What's a Dremel?

Crysis 2 was a pile of console rubbish. Crysis 1 sold 3 + million as a PC only game, it put them on the map, and it has still sold more then the multi-play crysis 2.

On a side note, Console gamers will buy anything, their standards are crap.

Tags: Add Tags