1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Selling Old Pc

Discussion in 'General' started by MatEnd, 5 May 2012.

1. MatEnd

MatEnd What's a Dremel?

Hi there ,

I am wanting to sell an old computer but have no idea what sort of value top set it at. Obviously if anyone is interested please message me. Specs are as followed:

Core i5 2500k
    MSI P67A-GD55
    Zalman CNPS9900 NT
    4x 2GB Corsair DDR3 PC3 10700H
    2x MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    Antec 300 Case
    Corsair TX850
    Sony DVD/CD Drive
    Windows 7 including CD

I just dont know how much this is worth!! Would really appreciate some help!

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Sorry bud, you can't sell on here until you have access to the marketplace. (You need 75 posts and at least 30 days membership for access). Oh and no one can PM you until you have 10 posts lol

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

You'll have to wait till 75 (Is it 75?) posts before you can put this up on the For Sale section.

Can't believe you class that as an old computer lol.

Edit: Ninja'd

4. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

75 Constructive posts.

5. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

You wont be able to sell it here, but just as a rough idea of the kind of value you'd get here:

Core i5 2500k = 100
    MSI P67A-GD55 = dont know
    Zalman CNPS9900 NT = 15
    4x 2GB Corsair DDR3 PC3 10700H = 25 per 8gig (new is only about 35 currently)
    2x MSI Cyclone GTX 460 = 75each
    2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB = 35each
    Antec 300 Case = £30
    Corsair TX850 = £60
    Sony DVD/CD Drive = £5
    Windows 7 including CD = don't know.

I think those are pretty reasonable estimates, depending where you sell you'll get more (i.e. you get more on ebay, but then lose 10% to ebay and 5% to paypal). I don't know about the mobo as I'm not familar with it, and most people will already have their own OS.

Last edited: 5 May 2012
  6. noizdaemon666

8GB 1333 RAM for £50!? :lol:

7. MatEnd

MatEnd What's a Dremel?

ok so I am just going to have to go round the forums posting comments so that I can then sell the stuff on here. Makes me laugh. I have two computers of similar specification but want to sell one to raise money so I will admit that the word "old" is maybe not the best choice of words.

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (similar spec Corsair Memory XMS3) is currently 35inc on scan, so yes you're right, i may have well over priced that :p

9. noizdaemon666

Excellent, glad we're all on the same page now :D

10. noizdaemon666

It's so you can't just sign up and gain the privileges of the Marketplace. I also doubt the mods will take kindly to you circumventing the rules by posting "email me to buy" :nono:

11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

Yeah I read it as 4 x4 orignally, meaning 16gb! my bad.

You'll get banned if you try to sell here, you can try hotukdeals, aria, or ebay.

12. MatEnd

MatEnd What's a Dremel?

I am sorry for posting my email address. Can I somehow remove it to ensure that I dont get banned. Really dont want to mess with the admins so will make any changes so that I adhere to the rules.

as long as i know a price to set the stuff at then I will be happy

13. noizdaemon666

It's cool, everything's been edited now so it never happened :worried:

@MatEnd: Click edit just under your post ;)

14. MiNiMaL_FuSS

I think asking for value is okay, as anybody could seek help on any forum as to what there kit might be worth.

But definitely won't be allowed to sell here.

---also yeah I nija'd it.

15. noizdaemon666

The prices MiNiMaL_FuSS posted near the beginning of the thread are near enough spot on for what you'd get on here. Maybe a tad less on the GTX 460s (I bought mine for £63 on here).

If you're after maximum money, Ebay would be the best bet for the processor, board and graphics cards.

16. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Basically, just accept it's very unlikely you'll find a buyer on here until you're posting in the MP, for which as has been said you need 75 posts that aren't spam.

If you try and circumvent that you'll probably just have your post count zeroed or get banned so probably best to try and sell somewhere else this time!

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Laugh all you want, it makes no difference to the people here who use, respect and contribute to the forums and the marketplace. I know of very few forums where a user can sign up, hardly ever post and out of the blue, more than a year later, access the marketplace or for sale section to sell hundreds of pounds worth of equipment or components. The rules are here for a reason and everyone has to abide by them if they want to use bit-tech, especially the marketplace. If you can't be bothered to reach a post count of 75 so that you can access and use the MP it's up to you. One thing I know for certain is that I'd never buy anything from a member of any forum who had as few posts as you and wasn't recommended by other buyers. This is exactly the same principle as Ebay auctions having the phrase "under 10 feedback members please contact before bidding". It's not a hard principle to understand.

Also +1 for comments about your post stating that you will sell this via email - it is against the rules and if it's not gone already, it'll be moderated to remove the email address.

18. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

+1 on this