Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

:hehe: surely you would be scared also. I really don't like the idea of spending so much time getting so far on hardcore and then getting killed. Maybe I will grow to like it later but for now I wanna do INFERNO! RAWRRRRRR!

2. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

crompers#1246
    Yakyb#2973
    Comfy#2504
    Phalanx#2982
    Picarro#2114
    Knoydart#2498
    Gilljoy#2482
    Hallucienda#2813
    Zoon#2865
    Penderyn#2140
    Fantus#2271
    Lavalout#2514
    Khel#2479
    M4Lki3r#2562
    TrevDX#1218
    DLDeadBolt#2430
    Bhuvsta#2644
    MonkeyChunks#2465
    Whirly#2877
    Yorkie#2364
    kiytan#2829
    Ferrero#2641
    apocalypso#2430
    Quillist#2106

Exactly. I don't fancy investing the hours in a character to have it all stripped away in a second. Especially now that being back to work limits my D3 time to just 4/5hrs a day :D
    OMFGCata - Jesse had a great idea for hardcore pvp.
    You get one year to level a character to 60 and at the end of the year Blizzard hold/stream a Gladiator areana type event. Fights to the Death. The winner gets some RL cash and nice in game items and also becomes the areana champion (gets automatically entered in the semi final for next year)

3. Whirly

Whirly What's a Dremel?

After trying online play in the beta and finding it a bit manic for my tastes I've decided to do my first playthrough solo so I can really explore every inch. After that, who knows?

4. suragh

suragh Derp

I like the idea. PVP will be out soon so there will definitely be many suggestions. You have a vote from me if you decide to post that on the official forums :thumb:

5. Comfyasabadger

Going even further, they could probably patch in a betting system, both in game gold an RM.

6. suragh

suragh Derp

Haha, gambling would be pretty insane.

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Might be of interest to you Comfy (I assume you play barb) but there's a rumour circulating at the moment that either a) blizz has silently hotfixed barb and monks extra 30% damage reduction in b) it is going to be hotfixed during the coming night.

This would go a long way to explaining the severe survival problems of the melee classes which were supposed to have been given a dmg reduction buff close to the end of beta.

We'll see, I hope it's true!

8. suragh

suragh Derp

There has or will be a hotfix today, Monks deserve a nerf :clap:

9. Comfyasabadger

Oh Wow. That would go some way to explain why I'm just as squishy as a Wizard. Will log on tonight and see if I can get any further through Act1.

If not will just level Wiz more :D

Nerf? By Digi's post I'm assuming the 30% buff is broken or isn't enough. So Blizz are going to fix/up it.

10. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Wait until PvP, that's when the balance issues will get a proper sorting out.

11. suragh

suragh Derp

I hear monks can solo inferno without any problems, I assume that this buff has something to do with their survival rate being stupidly high then it needs a fix surely.

Can't wait for the QQ haha

12. Comfyasabadger

I think it's a flat 30% buff to both barb and Monk, unfortunately Barbs do not have as reliable heal as monks. They need to take damage for the heal to proc and the heal is only based on the number of enemies around you and monks just have a skill that eats spirit.
    Hopefully it's not a nerf, Barbs will suck even more.

I've seen a vid of Krip from nolife running Act 2 and saying it's easy but ofc he's got act 4 gear so is way overgeared for it.

13. Comfyasabadger

btw Digi - You said you were in Act 2? Fancy creating a game in Act1 for the Butcher so that I can nick the waypoint? Gonna farm him.

I have much better gear than this guy and he can farm him

14. suragh

suragh Derp

Mind if I join? I will be home from work in an hour or two. Don't worry if you're going to solo, was interested in doing Inferno with someone or a group of people.

15. Comfyasabadger

I guess we could try it, but the game gets harder the more ppl are in it. Can't even solo elite/champion packs atm let alone in a group.

16. suragh

suragh Derp

A friend of mine is repeating the part where the woman in the cellar morphs into a zombie, over and over again until he has enough gear. There aren't any long parts in that section of the Act, I think that's what I will do later.

17. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

It won't be balanced, blizz have already stated that. PvP is a side attraction and this is not WoW, it will not be balanced, end of..

@Comfy - Yes, I've cleared Act 1. I'm not bothered, sure thing.

@Suragh - The point with grinding gear is to get 5x Nephalem Valor buffs for the MF and for that you need a section that has 5x champ or elite packs before a boss or mini-boss. Butcher is pretty good for this as is azmodian (spelling)

18. Comfyasabadger

There are 3 waypoints at the begginning of Act 1.

Go to the 3rd, The Garden - that's where you appear after finding Cain, sometimes there will be a chest and sometimes a rare spawns in the east corner.

Then go to then go to the 2nd way point, sometimes the Dark Cellar will appear and this has a chest and sometimes a rare. Once cleared the run to another cellar I just can't remember what it's called that always has a rare if it's there.

Finally tp back to town and do the Blacksmith quest.

19. suragh

suragh Derp

Ah right so my friend fails then, he was doing that mini boss without mob packs before it. :duh: - Thanks for stopping me follow in his fail footsteps :thumb:

20. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

So once you go through this once, do you just quit the game and start again?