1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New BF3 server - community funded.

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 15 Feb 2012.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

2. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Map rotation and maybe a better sever admin server tool.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Still working on Map Rotation and fixing Server slots.

Currently sorted. :)

The Server Control etc isn't anything to do with me. I am just picking up how to use Procon to be honest.

4. thefriscokid

Oh no worries on the server admin tool thought you had overall control of it.

Map List
    Seine Crossing
    Bazaar
    Sharqi
    Wake
    Caspian
    Karkand
    Metro
    CQ Maps when available

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I reckon wake, sharqi would kill the server. Not sure about karkand though. Obviously this is based on the server actually filling. I played a round or two today when there was between 12 and 19 players. I got switched with 50 of the enemy tickets remaining so I switched back and quit. So playing a round where my team lose, then on the next round, get swapped to the losing team who has 1 flag left pffff.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Dude I don't know why it switched you. Auto balancer does that. Sorry.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

No biggie. Was just gonna join again now 12 players on, but it's metro, and surprise surprise, the losing team has been pushed back before their first flag. I'd like to suggest metro only comes on when there are at least 20 players on. Also, with this new gun master mode, it's a shame not everyone has premium because I reckon these new counter strike/cod type game modes (gun game anyone?) would really be more fun when fewer people are on, than a choice of run round trying to cap a flag, when the enemy isn't looking, or all meet at one flag and meat grind.

8. thefriscokid

Increase the ticket count as well by a few 100 or so tickets.

9. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

The squad wasnt locked when I looked (at the one we were in) As for your messages I dont play with chat pop-up on to often and had it hidden for at least 3/4 of the round I dont know if your squad was locked or not as I didn't see your messages / attempt to switch squads etc.

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Is it possible to change the next round starting in "x" time?

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I've noticed a few people complaining about the way the auto balancer works, i,e that it doesnt swap at the end of round and that it does it mid game. Fark knows what's best, but as you've seen, people quit if they are automatically swapped to the team that's losing badly.

12. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I have fixed this.

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

LOL. Yeah, we cpc boys love to be on the winning team ;)

[​IMG]

14. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

LOL do I see a trend?

[​IMG]

Oh I was on the losing team btw ;)

Last edited: 10 Jun 2012
  15. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Tbh those rounds we didnt switch at all afaik Also I still think its pretty obvious people who know each other would rather play on the same team rather than against each other.. also helps on mumble not to confuse each other / give away tactics etc.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

There is never any intentional stacking of teams. It is just the way things land. There is no preset for clan tags or specific names.

17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Yeah..just the way things land. Tell me something, what stops you from joining the opposite team? Seeing as you're admin now. Or moving player across who are regulars? I mean, before it gets to 50 tickets. If you as an admin can see that all the cpc are on one side, then why not mix the teams a bit?

@ Invictus, Oh, so that's how we should play? All be on one side and just rape the **** out of the players that come to the server? Yeah because that's MUCH more challenging and entertaining. Nice of you to admit that you'd all like to be on the same team, winning. I do appologise though, I must have been making playing real miserable, what with all my whining, sounding like the big martyr. I'll be sure to swap to the CPC team next time, beats playing on the losing team eh, I wanna be in on these tactics you speak of, really I do.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2012
  18. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

What I find hilarious about this ranting is that just yesterday you were on the winning team against a bunch of us CPC guys on an op metro server, and you happily engaged in 700 tickets of baserape without saying a word... Sometimes you lose against a better team, deal with it and stop whining.

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

What's that got to do with the CPC server? One game where I happened to be on the opposite team, versus all the games I played today on the CPC server where everyone joined on their friends to be on thc same side?

I guess I'm the only one that thinks being a member of this forum means NOT all being other same team in the CPC server and trying to produce a more balanced game rather than us all rushing to be on the same side and screw the other side. Make sense?

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Rushing to all be on the same side. We enjoy being on opposite teams. You have said this time and time again. On the old server and now on this server. We don't actually stack teams. We join the server and end up on the same side.

You complain about losing because that's all you care about most of the time. Being on the winning side or losing but with high kills/points.

Oh and Gregg we mostly join off of friends rather than just joining the server. Force Move does not work. I tried it earlier this evening.