1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Hah some good news, according to an update viewable from the WOT launcher, a number of the overpowered French tanks are to be moved up a tier. Thank god for that.

Also it looks like they are going to introduce Tier 10 mediums and TD's. Not entirely sure that last bit is a good thing, those tier 9 mediums already unsettle the balance as it is, being complete murder machines against the Tier 8 heavy’s they often get match made with.

I can only really comment from the German tank perspective however, with my experience in the Tiger II and the JadgePanther so I might be a bit jaded in my view of these very powerful mediums :)

Still though, there is much fun to be had in WOT.

2. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

do they ever give away free tank slots or barracks space??

3. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

They occasionally discount barack slots and garage slots.

The only ways to get free slots is to claim free premium slots that they did a little while ago.

or

To have a tank that is being changed in an update (like the KV before the KV-2, KV-1 slit). Currently I don't know of any tanks being changed in updates.

Basically what happens is that if you're given a freebie tank they give you the slot to put it in.

I've never seen baracks space given away.

4. varkanoid

varkanoid Professional Dribbler

last night three times I entered a battle only to be blasted by a tank from my own team going renegade. What was going on !

By the names of the players they seemed to be european

5. dmarook

dmarook What's a Dremel?

Is there some sort of update going on? When I start the launcher, it says updating launcher but nothing seems to happen and it will not let me start the game. :(

6. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Dunno, but it's the same here. Maintenance is scheduled, but that was meant to be much later (something like 2AM).

Seriously, the French tanks aren't overpowered - you try playing a T8 medium/heavy that's the same size as a Tiger II but can be penetrated by tier 3s pretty easily and has basically the same health as the best T7 medium/heavy (Lorraine has 1250hp - same as a Panther, and the AMX50 100 has 50 more hp than a Tiger). They are arty fodder (one shot by T5 arty is common for the T8s), and have worse overall reload speeds and damage/minute. When they're moved up a tier, they better improve the reload speeds and health to match, and improve manueverability too, otherwise they're going to be very poor.

As per usual it's a case of a few whiny players on WoT forums who are incapable moaning that they got owned by a superior player playing their tank to the strengths.

As for T10 mediums and TDs - of course the T9s will beat your heavies, they're a tier higher - that's the entire point of the tiering system. T10s will finally make mediums and TDs a viable option for clan wars again, and should help the ridiculousness of having T9 TDs that aren't the most effective tank killers in the game.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2012
  7. j.col

j.col Minimodder

i also seem to get too many 0% penetrations, :sigh:
    iirc a few pages back, someone posted a link, about your game stats, you had to join up, but now i cant seem to find it. anyone know what i am talking about?
    like this one

it seems the new patch is released in russia tomorrow, so we may get it in a few weeks.

main points

"A detailed list of changes and innovations relative to version 0.7.4 Update 0.7.3:

Added two new modes of random battles, "Storm" and "meeting engagement". View Video review of new modes of fighting.

- "Storm", one team defends a base, the second tries to capture or destroy all enemy tanks. Mode is active on the cards: "Erlenberg", "Prokhorovka", "Westfield", "Karelia", "robin", "Sand River", "Siegfried Line".

- "Meeting engagement": the seizure does not belong to any one of the teams a neutral base in the center of the card or to destroy all enemy tanks. Mode is active on the cards, "El Halluf", "Murovanka," "The Barrens", "N-sk", "Himmelsdorf", "Ruinberg," "robin," "Sand River", "Siegfried Line".
    Added two new maps: "Airport" (North Africa) and "Wajda Park" (European city).
    Maps "Komarin" and "Swamp" removed from the random battles.
    Subtitle PT-ACS France: Renault FT AC, Renault UE 57, Somua Sau 40, S 35 CA, ARL V 39, AC Mle.1946, AC Mle.1948, AMX 50 Foch.
    Added ACS France: Renault BS, Lorraine 39 L AM, AMX 105 AM, AMX-13 F3 AM, Lorraine 155 (50), Lorraine 155 (51), Bat. Chatillon 155."

lots more details http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....row-in-russia/

8. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

planetwot is the website to watch your stats. for in game stats wot logger is good and shows your DPB on the fly. Pretty depressing somethines as you can do 6k damage and still loose and then that crappy double you only manage about 1.5k. You'll also come to hate companies and CW where everyone steals your damage.

You need to launch from the tanks folder .exe and not the launcher.exe (can't remember exact names). I had the same problem last night where the launcher stopped responding.

9. Lance

They're considering having a world of tanks tourny at the I-series this year. If you're interested and going pop over to their forum.

10. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

This little program runs on your pc and uses the files on your puter to update so it shows the stats in real time.
    http://www.saais.co.za/
    [​IMG]
    Now i must get my winrate up. Mike

Last edited: 14 Jun 2012
  11. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Absolutely loving the T34 with rammer and maxed out gunner with the fast firing 57mm, shoots hilariously fast :D

Not sure where to go after this though, have tier 5 USSR Tank destroyer as well, T4 German Arty, but I want a heavy tank :'(

12. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I’m sorry but I strongly disagree with that regarding the French tanks. A combination of good sloped armour, good speed and the Auto loaders mean those tanks able to punch considerably above their weight. Combine that with the current tearing and any game where the number of French tanks is significant (say 3 or more, which is fairly common) and the battle is normally over before it has begun.
    The WOT devs are fairly good at listening to and interacting with the community but they are not just going to make such significant changes on the basis of a few “whiny players”.

As for the T9 mediums, it’s a similar issue; they dominate nearly all tanks up and down the tree and often unsettle the otherwise reasonable balance. I think the real issue is that it’s all too common for too many of the T9 mediums to be in a single match, a sad issue with the match making.

The WOT tearing system needs some tweaks for sure, it’s a common complaint and having played WOT since it release I agree.

I just got mine; I have upgraded the tracks and the gun just below the 57MM but am finding it hard going at the moment. I can’t get over how inaccurate the guns appear to be on Russian tanks. I assume it’s one of those tanks which really shines once upgraded? Any tips? Until I decided to go for the T34 I had played exclusively German tanks, up to the Tiger 2 on the heavy tank front and the JadgePanther on the TD front. Medium tanks wise, I am using a VK3002DB working my way towards a panther. As a result I am used to having pinpoint accuracy.

13. Lance

How far have you got in your frenchie tanks? They really don't survive anything very well, and their small size means that modules get taken off constantly. They are very hard hitting and unchecked they will tear up all sorts of trouble but the armour really keeps it down. Marvin really has it right here.

Once you get a bit higher on the medium tree you will begin to understand why those mediums are able to kill you. A lone Tiger II is not overly scary even in a T-59, especially if you have two more with you. The mediums and french tanks keep the game moving.

As for the T34, it is a great tank once upgraded, but you'll never get that accuracy in a russian tank.

14. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Yeah, this, you'll need the high rate of fire of it when upgraded (And the engine)
    I treat it like a light tank basically, with pretty good penetration and a 1.9 second reload

15. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I've gone up the light/medium tree as far as the Lorraine and I've realised that the most fun to be had was in the AMX 13 75 and the 90. The Lorraine really needs the engine upgrades before it becomes effective but the little AMX tanks are great from day 1.

I'm having trouble with the heavy tree, though. The B1 and BDR G1B are doing my head in. I get match-made with heavier tanks and even with the BDR's big gun, I can't do squat about them.

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Im struggling with my ferdi annoyingly, i think its going to be one of those tanks to grind free xp on other tanks then use it to upgrade the ferdi, i was out turned and out manovered by an AMX40

17. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

It's a bit of a pain until you've got the top engine & tracks at least. With the 105mm gun, it's not too bad, but still under par until you have the 128mm. When you have it early on though, you need to be very cautious, and a bit of a lemming - second line in basically - this should help prevent nasty run-arounds.

18. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

The ferdi always struck me as something you don't want to get close to the enemy with, just like SPGs. I'd think of it more as a sniping tool.

19. Lance

I doubt that you would want to jump the Ferdi though because isn't the jadgtiger more of the same? Im currently on the jadpanther and really liking it.

Amx40 though. Ouch bet he was in a good mood after that.

20. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

double post sorry