1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard coughs to Diablo III level cap bug

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 22 Jun 2012.

1. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I wont buy it, and there is a need for restrictions in the EULAs. Why does a game company need to scan my computer? What are they looking for? And how can they terminate my account for no reason? Where does one even begin to justify this?

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

again if you have an issue then dont buy it.

look at the way EA is tanking - swtor is falling.hard - and theres allready `cleaners` for origin malware . next will be the privacy laws used against EA etc for what they can and cant scan - only time now , and law > EULA everytime.

3. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

The QQ about those that buy get the short end.....LOLZ......

Seriously you ppl need to get out more. This is to prevent scammers and gold farmers so the game economy is not totally fked up.

But you ppl just want to see DRM and rage. Good luck to you all in your future endeavours, you should all move yo greece so you can rage all day everyday about everything. Might actually get your ego stroked a bit, rather than u all make fools of yourself on these forums.

One of u im sure is raging right now at my grammer. But guess what......NO ONE CARES..........go rage at a game with always on DRM that has no need for it in anyway AKA assassins creed 2. Not a game that requires it for the economy to remain in balance and controlled. Where real money changes hands. Damn them for protecting there customers.

Do you all rage when asked for password, keyword and these 3 digits from your 8 number code when accessing your bank or credit card facilities? Didnt think so.....so stop raging here....this is the same thing.

4. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

It's really not the same thing.

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Wat. I'll admit to have not been paying the closest of attention to the complaints of people in this thread but I certainly don't agree that an always online system is a non-issue.

The most critical complaint, in my non-Diablo 3 owning mind, is that the system is always on. Even when you just want to play alone. A completely detatched offline mode would not have any influence on an online economy and since there's obviously no interaction between players there's no issue of fairness. The only remaining reason for an always on system in a singleplayer setting is DRM. It's exactly like Assassin's Creed 2 in this case.

The second complaint of mine is that the system is there to protect a feature which is already questionable. It helps keep the economy fair and balanced so people can go on spending in the Auction House, a feature which profits Blizzard and, in my opinion, is a negative feature of the game as it defeats the purpose of a dungeon crawler.

My third complaint is that it's setting a precedent. Look at Blizzard's three most recent games: Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and World of Warcraft. All of them include a strong tie-in with Battle.net which has been getting stronger and stronger with each newer game. It seems likely that all future Blizzard games will follow this trend causing complaints such as the first two to be present in all future games.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Blizzard could have simply done the old D2 trick.

Open and then ladder Bnet.

It probably wouldn't have been to difficult, but at least then it allows for single player. And if you wanted to play single on Ladder, you could. But you were in their economy.

Sloth likes this.
  7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Yep, just a simple division between offline capable and the controlled online only playerbases. The fact that they already had the foundation for such a setup is what makes me believe that DRM is the only reason for a game-wide always on requirement.

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

My comment about CDprojekt..you know the post that had more cussing than necessary? Well Steam have a sale on and guess what those beautiful people have done? Added a tweak of course. You know they are massively busy developing another huge rpg (gonna be steampunk sqeeeeee), but they still made the effort.

http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/265

Point proven..again. These guys are the best. They really are. EA would complain their product was being sold on the cheap, but CDP? Nah they embrace it. They really do know what they are doing. I'll buy their games even if not to my taste just because they earned it. (the steampunk one tho is gonna be to my taste..like wow)

Tags: Add Tags