1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Big Steam Amnesty

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 25 Jun 2012.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

L4D2 is dead now :(

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's actually not, the modding commuhnity is wonderful. And that's just the beginning. But it isn't as lively as it used to be.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

grid was bloody awful, an excellent collection of cars/tracks as well as some brilliant ideas (management) marred by the poorest handling model I've ever experienced in a game. a racing game for non racers.

yes codies are working on grid 2, weather its an improvement I've no idea.

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

It's all clan based now which sucks, clans are so slow when it comes to getting games going.

I miss the days of scavenge!

5. Bokonist

Bokonist What's a Dremel?

I really enjoyed GRID, its not a SIM and as long as you get that it's good fun, and challenging on the harder levels to boot. No flashbacks for me!
    My only dissapointment with getting back into GRID is that online support was dropped. Even that was understandable though as the game was pirated to hell and most servers(not all mind) were a cesspool of morons. With a good crowd on it was a lot of fun though.
    @PaulG, I have both this and Dirt 2, and while they are both clearly from the same stable you don't get the street/circuit racing in Dirt 2 that you do in GRID, and you definitely don't get 24hr Le Mans at the end of the season, for the price it's going for now it's worth it just for that IMO.

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

L4D has matured and being replaced with DayZ a much more in-depth and real feeling Post Apocalyptic Survival game :)

7. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

The idea of doing a Le Mans race in GRID is enough to make me feel queasy.

8. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

+1

9. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

It won't be. It'll be more of the same - terrible handling, obstructive and obtuse menu system (a la DiRT2 and later) that makes merely navigating through it seem a chore, and generally some great ideas bundled in with a list of bugs-that-aren't-bugs-honest that's a mile long.

Honestly, I could just about take the recent Codemasters games as arcade games - not sims - if it wasn't for the menus. Watching the menus pan, zoom, cut across your adoring fans before diving into a caravan was cool for the first time. After the fifth, I was looking for a way to turn it off so I could actually play my game... after the tenth, I was quitting in a combination of boredom and disgust. Heaven forbid that you enter the wrong menu, or forget where a particular thing is, because you'll watch everything twice until you find it. How hard would it be to code a simple menu that didn't have all the "bling"? :(

10. Th3Maverick

Th3Maverick What's a Dremel?

My donation to the Big Steam Amnesty has been the Ben There Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please! games. I don't get a lot of time to play anymore, so while I was in Dubai waiting on a flight out for a couple of days, I decided to finally plop down with the two games that have been sitting unplayed in my catalog for the longest.

They are, frankly, brilliant.

I spent the *entire* time I was there playing, even bringing my laptop down to the hotel bar with me so I could keep playing while I got smashed and watched the Euro.

11. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Re: C&C. Wooo, glad to finally see a game in this series of articles that I don't have to feel guilty for not playing since I bought it either! :)

12. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Yes because L4D and DayZ have so much in common. Try and look beyond the zombies.

13. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I would play some of my unplayed games, but I'm too busy playing through Just Cause 2 for the third time.
    (apparently since Steam started logging play times, I've spent a third of my game playing time on it...)

Wait, I have a copy of Red Alert 3? When did I get that?

14. MagR

MagR What's a Dremel?

I've just looked in tmy Steam directory and over 50% have only been played to check they installed correctly

15. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Just cause 2 is so much fun its unreal. Hopefully they add in true multiplayer (I know there's a mod) for the third game. I would never need buy another game again.

haha I find games on my steam list every few months I have no memory of buying :$

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Well yeah, L4D is a post apocalyptic shooter and so is DayZ just on a more mature and technically minded way. So instead of run and gun aimlessly you now have to think before you shoot!

Run Think Shoot!

17. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I have C&C4 sat in Origin waiting to play - I got it for free so don't feel too guilty about having never played it. There's a bit of me that suspects having played Red Alert and Red Alert 2 to death, I simply don't need to.

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Why did you bring the atrocity that is C&C 4 into this? And i can't fathom how you can say, 'spend time building up your forces', because that doesn't happen, You click for 5 units, they build, and that's your unit cap reached.
    @Bauul, Just continue playing Red Alert/2 because they are soo much better.

Sam

19. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

There's an amazing MOD for C&C4 called The Red Alert - http://theredalert.cnclabs.com/

samkiller42 likes this.
  20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Hardly any - I've hardly played L4D2 and TDU2 at all, but it's because I thought they both sucked.

I have very few other games in steam actually, and I've played all of them extensively.

Tags: Add Tags