1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 10 Apr 2012.

1. Krazzi

Krazzi What's a Dremel?

Can't wait to play this game, been waiting for it for ages. A MMO that will be fun to level in! The lack of a trinity system is a bit worrying though (healer, tank, dps roles).

I hope it works out at end game.

2. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

There's no "end game" in that sense, since the entire game scales to your level you can replay through anything at any time. Though there will be level 80 dungeons. You can always go to other areas that are lower level and scale down to do them without facerolling over the content there.

Sylvari and Asura playable in the next BWE, looking forward to seeing the Sylvari. :)

3. Krazzi

Krazzi What's a Dremel?

Sure but there has to be some sort of bad guy, that wants to take over the world, who lives in a big badass dungeon/raid. That's the simple structure of any rpg.

4. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Lol well I got to do the level 30 instance which was kind of like that, and it's strange an interesting with no holy trinity. At first people tried to be tank and healer etc. but it just doesn't work. The tank just got smacked around and pwned and the healer couldn't heal fast enough. In the end, the only way to succeed is for everyone to play it like an action game. Nobody can tank, you just have to dive out the way of attacks and do whatever you can to survive. People would often go down in a fight too, but with 5 people, there can still be 2 or 3 people continue fighting the enemy while someone else recovers the person who went down.

It's strange, but it seems really cool. I'm not 100% sold on how the classes play to be honest, but I like that it is at least action packed and challenging.

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That's exactly how I saw things.

The conclusion I came to was that this will move away from the trinity but keep, and probably enhance upon, the support roles. I think there will be a lot of emphasis on buffs for group content and to a lesser extent CC. I hope that's how it goes at least, I played tank for many years and enjoyed it immensely (I was even pretty awesome for a time) but after doing everything I rolled a couple of support classes and loved it. The way they work makes for so much more dynamic gameplay I don;t think I'd play anything else now......apart from an bit AoE DPS funsies.

6. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

elder dragons.

that is all.

7. kavin01

kavin01 What's a Dremel?

I played this game really it's awesome because game gives a great graphics & much
    more feature.

8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

9. Wicked_Sludge

so i just discovered that my city has a "planned power outage" for 12 hours on friday/saturday during the next beta event. i already have a generator lined up so i will be coming to you from the stone age. yay!

10. suragh

suragh Derp

If I were to purchase this game from say Amazon or Play, would you be entitled to a beta key? Or, is this only the case if you directly from GW2 themselves (which looks to be unlikely now).

Am I mixing up the Pre play with the Beta? :p

11. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

don't even have to buy.. just pre purchase from amazon and they'll email you a key.. curse is giving out 15 beta keys a day too (check out the guildwars2guru forum)

12. NovaBlaze

NovaBlaze What's a Dremel?

Trust me, you'll love GW2. I've been playing it in the beta since the first week they had it, and I've enjoyed every bit of time I've spent on it.

The only thing that bothers me is the melee classes, last weekend they seemed to underpowered to be of any use.

13. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

To me, melees seem underpowered in PVE but good in PVP.

14. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I went with a crit/bleed sort of build with my Warrior (using greatsword) and I could solo bronze/veteran mobs reasonably easily.

greatsword guardian didn't seem to have too much trouble either (but that was only to lvl10-ish so not a great judge)

I can't help but just love all the greatsword attacks for all the classes that can use them. Greatsword guardians in PvP are basically immune to CC and so hard to kill.

15. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Cool thanks I'll have to try that. I originally was going to be an Elementalist but I absolutely hated it in PVP :( So I'll be busy trying other stuff this weekend.

16. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Try a Axe/axe and Axe/shield combo. Really good setup, loads of burst but defensive capabilities aswell, need to take atleast one defensive utility for some extra survivability though.

17. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Thanks cant wait for the weekend now! I have a level 10 thief and warrior, and I want to try a Ranger and then decide which will be my main. It'll be fun to play around with them just for fun and not needing to level them up or anything, and I will even be able to see the new race areas too.

18. Wicked_Sludge

noob question: i have a friend who is joining the beta for the last weekend event. is there a way to tell what world/server my character is on so he can select the same one, and/or can we still switch worlds for free during the beta? the former would be preferred since itll save us the time in figuring it out after the weekend has started.

19. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Is anyone else very disappointed? :(

20. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

dat music.

I'm excited :D

Whats everyone rolling?