1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows THE bit-tech StarCraft 2 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Horizon, 5 Jul 2010.

1. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

It's all about trends in SC2, Day[9] taught me that :D

Like toss used to own zerg for breakfast until zerg started double expanding and all that.

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

3. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

You play SC George? Had no idea :)

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Nope, but some friends may be going, so thought I might make a day of it, could be fun watching :)

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

6. impar

impar Minimodder

7. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

someone here who plays SC2?? add me if you play we can have some matchs togheter (PaisaSiXxx)

8. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

9. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to ask people as SC2 looks like a really interesting game, but how easy is it for a newcomer to play, as I tried LoL early on in its product life and it kept matching me against people who had been playing for months, and I gave up in the end. Looks like a really good game but I don't want to get annihilated by people who have been playing for years :)

Thanks

Edit: Anyone know how to get SC2 cheapish. £30 for a 2 year old game seems a hell of a lot (Yes I have been buying a lot of games in the steam sale :D)

Last edited: 10 Aug 2012
  10. andyj87

andyj87 What's a Dremel?

I would also like to know about this, I'm generally good at RTS games but I have no experience in SC, is the learning curve really steep or is it quite easy to learn?

11. freshsandwiches

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/game/pc-starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/8:694077

£26.51. a google shopping search had results around £21 but I've never used any of those retailers.

Regarding the game. The single player game is a lot of fun and a good introduction to the Terran race. Online play has a 50 game starter mode which lets you find your feet. I personally played all 50 to get a feel for it and it helped me. It can be skipped if you wish.

Online play proper takes some getting used to. It's a lot of fun though. Day9 (day9.tv)will be a name you'll hear a lot of. He casts games but also makes "newbie Tuesday" videos to help new players. His Probe and pylons helped me a lot.

Starter edition is available for download now. So you can try before you buy.

This includes the ability to play on-line in custom battles as Terran.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2739583

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

Go and get the `starter` edition from blizzard - you can play the first 6 missions i think? gives you a feel for it :D

13. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Ive watched a couple of pro matches, and they seem to do everything at 100mph :D

14. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Just reinstalled SC2 for the second time.

SC2 is so much fun single player that it's worth the admission for that alone.

Plus, even if you never play multi player competitively you can still have loads of fun playing vs the AI. After the latest patch it will also find players for you to play co-op with with one click of the mouse.

SC2 is one of the few games I played full price for and never regretted buying.

I am too crap to play online, but I still have fun watching day9 tv and watching tournaments.

15. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Just played the starter edition and it is a great game, and it is quite similar to command and conquer (red alert 2), which is pretty much the first game I ever played. Just trying to convince myself that I need another game after the steam sale :/

16. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Wait for the expansion which will be out late this year early next and buy the bundle for cheep :)

Not getting back into it till HotS is out.

Despite the backlash i liked the story in WoL

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I picked a copy up in Smythes for £15 a few months ago, don't know if it's still the same price though, I'll check the next time I'm there (there's nothing on the website though).

18. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

RPS has a post up saying that the MP beta of HoTS is due "soon".

Must reinstall WoL so I can play through it again before it gets released....
    ¬¬

19. freshsandwiches

20. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

MLG Raleigh now has all the VODs (video on demand) up for the tournament.

Just watched a great series between Seth and Losira (Z vs Z) with an epic game number 2.

http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/events/21-summer-championship#1877

Also recommend watching the VODs from the recent Gamescom, check Day[9]TV for the links. I recommend you check it out.

http://day9.tv/archives/

*spoiler alert*

An amazing grand final with
    MVP and Nerchio. How MVP does so much at once I just do not know. The guy pushes the middles, micros two drops and expands at the same time. Amazing!

Watching SC2 with a cold beer is my new way to relax. Recommended!

Tags: