1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phalanx, 9 Oct 2012.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Anyone else following this? I'm actually looking forward to it, as I have always been a fan of infantry combat and play that almost to exclusivity even in Battlefield 3, so the idea of Fireteams in this game and the concept of playing on a global scale appeals to me.

Anyone else going to be having a go at this? It looks a world apart from the previous Medal of Honor multiplayer.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Having seen a beta play of it. i wasn't sold on the game. And due to money I won't very buying it anytime soon.

Though if there is enough interest In the community I might.

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I think it would have to offer something significantly different from BF3 to gain my interest. It's getting to the point where I just can't be enthusiastic about a new military FPS (unless it is Arma 3!).

I quite enjoyed the mechanics of the last one (in multiplayer) but the maps were too small. However for non-serious FPS games, BF3 has raised the bar for sheer size of terrain. I am not sure what else Warfighter can bring.

4. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

I thought it looked rubbish, like a call of duty wanna be.

5. Zaim

Zaim Minimodder

It looks alright to me tbh, already pre ordered it, £17 :D

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Personally I like the ideas it is bringing into the game. Something BF3 didn't manage to do with the 4-man fireteams. Giving bonuses for working with your Fire Partner is a good idea, along with the Nations multiplayer, where each country you fight for has different advantages. Nice touch if you ask me.

I'm not expecting huge maps, because this isn't about armoured gameplay. If it gives a concise, intense firefight (which the videos show it has), then I'll be happy.

Edit: Zaim - £17 from where!?

Last edited: 9 Oct 2012
  7. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

MoH should never of left WW2. It's been a distant, lazy future relative of it's former self for years now.

Give us an innovative and pretty rendition of the original games. Dark, gritty and a soundtrack from John Williams.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

This.

Also, this

9. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Well I'm getting it and going to give it a go SP and MP

YEHBABY likes this.
  10. kissinger

kissinger Minimodder

I am kind of interested in this because my favourite bits in BF3 are the urban warfare bits, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a link to PC footage? The only footage I can find is crappy Xbox footage that makes the game look like it was made in 2007.

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

The beta was only rendering with a resolution of 480 lines.

Pre-loaded now, roll on tomorrow Friday :(

12. kissinger

kissinger Minimodder

I've seen 1080p PC footage and it looked terrible.

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Have you got a link for that? Interested to look at it.

14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

all the game play iv seen has dissaponited me.
    Just looks like a high graphics boring version of COD

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Anderz (are all Swedes this cocky? :p) kicking around on Warfighter PC.

He's no Robbaz, but seems decent.

16. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

Why do so many people judge a new game on a few trailers surely by now we know that's not really possible as a lot in a game can change before it's release, also, why say it looks crap just another COD wannabe, just how do you make a war/combat based game with soldiers running around in uniforms with guns look that different from any other war/combat based game, of course they are going to look similar unless it's Farcry which just looks too colourful and garish :rolleyes:

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I think that is the point people are making. Its just another COD wannabe. :sigh:

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Eurogamer Review

CVG Review Roundup

Though if we went by a bunch of magazines reviews we would never buy some games. I will wait and see what those who I play with and own it say before making up my mind fully.

19. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

Worth a watch. Guess the single player wont be anything to look forward to.

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Well after saying I would not buy it, I was very kindly bought it by a friend and played for a bit last night. Bear in mind that I only played for a couple of hours...

First off this is very definitely mainly the BF3 engine (not just FB2 but just about the whole BF3 thing). Weapon sounds seem the same, the animations are the same and it feels pretty much like the CQ maps from BF3 except we are outside. From a mechanics point of view it plays pretty well - and looks as pretty as BF3 does. BattleLog is back and is pretty much exactly the same as with BF3.

The 'buddy' system is quite good. You do feel as though someone 'has your back' and you also feel much more inclined to cover your buddy than you would just someone on your team. Although it is just essentially a 2 man squad, you do feel much 'closer' (in a manly, football talking kind of way!) than when you are just in a squad.

Strangely the weapons seem a bit wimpy which considering they felt OK in BF3 is weird - they feel almost more like CoD weapons that BF3 weapons for example. I have been playing a lot of Arma recently though, so maybe it's an unfair comparison.

The servers were extremely laggy last night (I guess that was expected) and I found that actually hitting people was quite difficult with a lot of lag jumps - and this was on a UK server with a low ping. There seem to be plenty of game modes though and maybe it will hold a crowd of people for quite a while.

My overall impression is that if you have BF3 I don't really see the need to buy this, from that perspective it plays out more like a BF3 expansion. It's difficult to recommend it as is pretty much a run of the mill shooter.

There is also a Single Player campaign - you already know exactly what that is like! Corridor/Cut Scene/Vehicle/Cut Scene/Corridor/QTE sequence/Cut Scene - repeat for probably about 4 hours or so (I played for an hour and will never go back).

It's probably worth mentioning that the MP rounds play more like CoD than BF3 with things like kill streak rewards (helicopters, air strikes etc). No really my cup of tea.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2012