1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice What type of connector is this?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scubaguy, 10 Nov 2012.

1. scubaguy

scubaguy What's a Dremel?

Slightly off topic this one as I need some help finding the name for a connector that is used on some external equipment I have. I'm really struggling to find the name for this type of connector.

[​IMG]

Can anyone help tell me:
    1) What it is called?
    2) Where I can get them?

Last edited: 10 Nov 2012
  2. scubaguy

3. Frohicky1

Frohicky1 Awaits his moosey fate . . .

Looks like a 2-pin molex, or possibly 2-pin mini-molex, can't really tell the scale from pic. Also looks like it has two female connectors inside.

4. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Molex make so many connectors,(Molex is a manufacturer not a type) hard to say off hand if Molex make one like that.

Got me looking though, ive used similar, but also cant recaL what they are called as yet.

5. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Looks like a remote control car charger.

6. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I'm sure I've seen that before. I remember it many times used as a mini molex on POS systems in things like cafes. We have them in school.

7. scubaguy

Thanks for the replies but after the short search online, your suggestions have not enabled me to zone in anything specific.

For example, molex connectors typically have the catch on the top but as you can see from the photo (you get a bigger view if you click on the picture), the catch is on the side. I need this as access into the reciever does not permit a clasp on the top.

Anyone else got any ideas??? Or has the equipment manufacturer used a really uncommon connector.

8. scubaguy

Thanks for the suggestions but after a brief search online I still can't find this connector. It is true it is similar to the Molex - Mini Fit Jr connector but as the picture shows, the catch is on the side, not on the top. I need it to be on the side as the access to the receptor is restricted.

Anyone else got any ideas?

9. Bob1234

Bob1234 What's a Dremel?

That is a matter of perspective, looking at the picture, the shape of the plug suggests the catch is on the top, and you have it rotated 90 degrees.

Don't forget, the socket may also be rotated to fit it in to whatever housing it may be in.

It is always possible its custom made for them.

Although it does look a lot like an upside down PCI-e +2 connector, or half of a +12V AUX connector.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#pciexpress6plus2

10. Bob1234

Bob1234 What's a Dremel?

11. Frohicky1

Frohicky1 Awaits his moosey fate . . .

Nice find. So it's called a 'recepacle'.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2