1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 10 Apr 2012.

1. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

A friend at work just had a kid and isnt using his account. He's asked me to level him a couple of characters in exchange for me getting a taste of the game.

I have never played any of the GW's games. Started reading around for hints and tips, seems a little complicated. Any advice or links to sites that will break it down for the Noob that I am?

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Actually, it is the least complicated MMO I have played. You can progress just by wandering around and killing/collecting things. I have found that the official wiki is an excellent source of information.

3. Gero

Gero What's a Dremel?

Entertaining MMO but ends up boring and much, due to the limited range of things at high level.

4. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

I am still enjoying, joined a guild :naughty: i don't find it boring at all, now all i have to do is install mumble because that is what my guild is using, i told them they don't have to worry about profanity because i'm really good at that :D

5. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Necro!

Are people still playing? I just started up again after a bit of a break. Any Desolation EU players?

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I haven't played in months. I found it boring I don't know why I will get back to playing it. Do some grinding and see how I feel about the game.

But BF4 Is taking over.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I could be convinced to start playing again. I started with Dannyman191, but it just wasn't that addictive - nothing like GW1 in the slightest which is a shame.

Not sure what server I am on. Ljs - do you use the BT teamspeak? Get onto the guildwars channel there and if I see you on there with time to kill, I'll join in. Unfortunately I'm a necro too, hopefully we can balance each other out.

8. Vajra

Vajra What's a Dremel?

I too tried to get back into the game, but it's just not all that great.

The only thing of interest to me is the PvP. The PvE is really weak in terms of end game.

9. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Sorry dude, just seen this.

I'm actually bored of it again! No more content really added (apart from small updates which only last a week or two at a time), I was hoping for a new part of the map at least. The sPvP gets old pretty quick, and WvW is mostly just supply wars and spamming the "1" key.

Such a shame, it had so much potential. I think WoW has ruined me forever.