1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EVE Online Players Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 10 Sep 2006.

1. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I can just imagine the silence after as everyone realises what happens before it goes chaotic.

For us, we tried to race there to save him but it was no use. It was a drinking op so he had to do a fair few shots for that one :D

2. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Not enough Supers capitals die in eve but then with massive proliferation of them their just too common, so its not exactly hard to replace a loss via allaince etc.

It will be interesting to see what CCP do when they come to rebalancing capitals and super capitals but so much of EVE needs to be looked at- Industry/Mining/Low Sec/0.0/Stations the list is endless.

Just got to wait for the Goon vs HBC war of 2013 to things to burn.

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I'd like to get back into EVE but I left because I couldn't face all the mission grinding and my corp wasn't doing anything.

I'd much rather get into some PvP or at least something more interesting than running the same set of missions over and over for several hours a day.

4. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well best way to get into pvp would be to join RVB basically two alliances at constant war on a large scale across empire.

Isk you can make any way you want be i missions/mining/incursion's/faction warfare/ratting/market etc

5. Cabe6403

I've done RvB but it makes it a pain to get anywhere in Empire as you'll find there's always some flashy reds in the system. Can be fun though.

If you're interested in wormholes you can always give me a shout in game. We're a wormhole corp, we do some PvE to earn money to pay for ships to probably get blown up in PvP. We're reasonably new to PvP so we're still learning a lot of the tactics.
    We live in a C2 with a C4 static, C4 sites can put out 120mil+ per site and we can clear them in 10-20 minutes. Wormhole living is profitable.

My corp is called WH ORE Exploration (Wormhole Ore Exploration for those that wonder), our public channel is Tech2Twats so give us a shout if you decide to come back.

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

That sounds right up my street. When I left I was still relatively new though; hadn't quite got onto battleships but was having a reasonable amount of fun in my 'Cane (and was just about to graduate to T2 autocannons on that).

7. Cabe6403

Not an issue. A skilled 'cane pilot is better than an unskilled Battleship pilot. We used to use Battleships for clearing C4s but have moved to T3s as more of our pilots skill into them. If you can't fly any T3s yet I would recommend a Legion or a Proteus, I know many people (including our alliance) are using AHAC and AT3 doctrines just now.

We can comfortably deploy 2 sets of paired Guardians but I think we only have one person who can fly a Scimi effectively.

8. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I can't even fly any T2's yet. :blush:

9. Cabe6403

Get yourself in a Stealth Bomber next then and come harvest tears with us :)

10. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Just bit the bullet and signed up again. :D

11. Cabe6403

\o/ There's a few of us in our public channel now and we're doing some camping

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Got caught up a bit with afk right now but will have all day tomorrow.

13. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm planning on making a return to EVE, likely in February after I've read up on all the changes to the game along with sov & alliance changes.

I've been out of the game for a bit more than a year so I'm sure there's lots to catch-up on, probably more of the same old stuff... scams, miners being hunted, bad changes to something people like, 'insert name' alliance taken down from the inside and/or kicked out of their space, complaints about the lack of benefits to lowsec/null, CSM being useless and so on.

I'd imagine my corporation has been abandoned so I might pop into that channel that you mentioned Cabe and say hi. :)

14. Cabe6403

Awesome :) You're more than welcome to drop by. I'm on now and will probably be on for most of the night.

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I'm on now.

Cabe6403 likes this.
  16. Cabe6403

Just saw your messages in our public channel, was playing Sins of a Solar Empire with a corp mate in a different window

17. Cabe6403

What's everyones thoughts on Dust 514?

I have access to a PS3 now (thanks to a housemate) but I haven't got round to installing it despite having a closed beta key.

I'm quite excited to see how they really link the two games.
    I'm envisioning planets being important to sovereignty control in null sec resulting in alliance backed Dust Bunnies fighting to control the surface while while huge fleets duke it out above to be able to provide the aerial bombardment support that can make or break the surface fight.

18. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

The first month when they launched the Beta was poor, so I left it alone for quite a while.
    Picked it back up about 3 weeks ago, it's fun but not revolutionary.

Combat has been a bit two dimensional for me, with the weapons not being all that impressive. Though it being a Beta does mean all of that could be improved on before the final launch.

I can see it getting a fair bit better once development kicks up a level.
    It could easily reach a similar sort of style to Battlefield 2142 in time which should make it quite popular in my eyes.

It'll probably get more interesting now that we can call in orbital strikes from the EVE pilots.

Edit:
    I can't see the planetary combat being all that important for Sov control as it would piss too many EVE players off who don't want to rely on console gamers they have little communication with/control over.

It is more likely to eventually have some sort of play in the type & amount of resources available in PI actual Sov control. That's how I see it playing out anyway.

Edit 2:
    Something sort of like:
    1) An EVE corporation selects a planet, they see the planet is disputed so resources are being divided and upgrades are blocked so the corporation issues an assault for the Dust players to capture points.

2) Once a certain amount of land is controlled, the corporation in EVE can upgrade facilities to enable different resources to harvest.

3) The more points the Dust players on their team control, the higher the rate of resources gathered will be.

4) If they gain full control of a planet, then the EVE pilots will gain 100% harvest rates and will be able to put some kind of shield/protection on the planet so it can't be disputed until a fleet in space targets the planet and issues a hostile takeover.

That's my thinking of how it should work at least.

Last edited: 21 Jan 2013
  19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

I doubt we will see Dust move out from the faction warfare regions, as high sec its very unlikely due to the empires own armies/fleets etc.
    Low sec and null are hardly used atm by the eve player base, unless you had high value constellations then dust could have a role, otherwise most of its empty space.

Will have to see when Dust launches and ccp allows the EVE industrialists to begin production to supply the dust mercs how profitable it becomes, the profitability will determine dust's future in EVE.

20. wst

wst Minimodder

I wasn't there (not playing atm, got to try again one day)...

But this was the scene in Asakai system last night...

[​IMG]

Apparently a Titan pilot pressed the wrong button (some kind of warp thing that the other ships could use... he was meant to use that. Instead he warped himself and the other ships had to jump a large number of systems to catch up)... and it escalated into a 3161 player battle in Asakai at 10% TIDI...