1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EVE Online Players Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 10 Sep 2006.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

While they sit on their technium income which is unique to their region of the game and have half of eve blue to maintain it, i can really see goons trying to make the game better.

2. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Eve needs some big shake up like when a BoB director defected to Goons and disbanded BoB. Something that no one expected or could anticipate and it left a huge power vacuum. Goons have had something similar happen before so I doubt it would happen to them but I wouldn't be too surprised if it happened within TEST.

I hope no one here is in TEST because we've racked up about 18bil in kills this month with bombers, mostly TEST ships :D

3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

You should read the CSM minutes then over the past 5 years, they have been pushing for gameplay improvements, abandonment of the white elephant which was the Incarna disaster, nerfs to tech, pos revamps and balancing which is been long overdue.

CSM White tree (SHOCK HORROR, is a goon) pushed for ship balancing and got CCP tallest instated as the first ccp balancing dude which lead to a hybrid balance and now Ravvi being given a job to assist in balancing the ships and bringing all ships into a viable state. Remember the retribution only having 1 midslot?

Not to mention other sucking chest wounds which have made nullsec stagnate. Before you start howling bias you should do some reading, Also I am in test (Formerly ESG).

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Balancing ships and all that stuff is not what EvE is about tho. Everything that would shake up the current "status quo" of the few big powerblocks controlling all of Null is shot down by the CSM.

The goons made EvE into a massive blobfest, as they lacked the skills when they entered EvE in 2005. Goonfleet and it's leader Remedial, are the root of this and I started fighting them as soon as they first appeared.
    In the beginning it was eventually quiet some fun to see the Goonfleet blob, and it was like a big turkey-shoot, but during the years the goons didn't change and now they're blobbing with their skilled chars.

Lot's of changes need to be done. Titans need to be remodeled into mobile stations with large corp-hangars and clonebays, motherships need to be remodeled into "super-carriers" with massive shipbays (some 50 assembled battleships!). These two ships should not be the big weapons they are, but support-vessels, so that you can bring the war to another region without being required to do the POS-warfare.
    POS need to be changed, to what they should be "player owned stations" with more emphasis on industry. Stupid things like the deathstars (POS completely designed for combat) need to go. A POS should not be capable of defending itself against a small group of battleships.
    The amount of outposts is ridiculous these days, and outposts should be destructible. Nowadays Null feels like lowsec with all these outposts, while POS should actually be the staging-points for the alliances and corps.
    Sovereignity shouldn't be based on stupid stuff like celestial objects, but only on activity. The damn iHubs need to go, as they lead to blobwarfare again. Make it so that you gain sov, because you actually have lots of people doing stuff in the systems (ratting, mining, etc).

But who am I kidding... with the CSM in place, basically being the extension of the big powerblocks, nothing like this will ever happen, as it would diminish their powers.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Not really knowing that much about the Eve universe, it seems a lot of players are suggesting that things which don't currently suit their particular play style be changed to suit them - To hell with the consequences.

There's lots of reference to "big power blocks" which I can only assume is large portions of players prepared to vote with their wallet- I can't imagine CCP are really that terrified of corps in their own game that they'd let these "power blocks" effectively hold the game to ransom..

Could be wrong, but everything about CCP doesn't seem to scream "We buckle to money", or at least, from what I've seen.

As an aside, with an MMO the likes of Eve, where it is pretty much required that the players run the internal economy, and areas of space, how does no one expect there to be people at the top doing their best to stay at the top?

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

I do read the csm minutes when they are published and your reply is what i expected from my post.

Incarna, the csm response was important but so was the numerous eve player unsubbing their accounts and protesting against it.
    Tech has not properly been nerfed as shown by the current state of affairs- yet could be easily remeded if ccp rebalanced its distribution from the north- r64's where nerfed out but a new one was made.
    Balancing is one of the long list of problems ccp has been fixing with EVE expansions and will continue to do as the list is still very long.
    The eve player base will shift to what ever is flavour of the month or stay with the current fleet doctrines until something new is made and then everyone copies.

The CSM is usually well known names or what ever block chooses to install with their voting power- the turnout has been improving but its still only a small % of the player base, so not exaclty a balanced view to ccp.

Results of CSM 7 and other previous ones,

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=28529

Null sec at current has stagnated and will continue to do so as the power blocks fight proxy wars elsewhere in EVE while half of it remains blue, nerf or move tech and watch eve burn again.

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

9. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Hmm,

Had a little eve break, Panda's bored me a little, completed xcom and found that I hated GW2!

So two accounts resubbed, part of CFC. Found out my corp had moved base of operations, thank god it was only a single carrier jump!

Maybe blast one of you soon, :p

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Fair enough didn't know :)

11. liratheal

Just found my second Eve account - Which is the one with my much loved (But so underskilled to fly.. 7400GJ capacitor with two cap rechargers lasts, wait for it, 3 seconds..) Abaddon and Harbinger.

Did a minor happy dance.

12. Cabe6403

Haha, I've been messing around with PvP ventures and managed to get one with a 4 second cap if running everything.
    You better stay away from my scary Curse of doom, it can zap ~1100-1200 GJ per cycle from ~75-80km away.

13. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

14. liratheal

Haha, I won't be taking the Abaddon out until I'm skilled up properly - Which is another 115 days of training :p

15. Wira

Wira Spoderman

Doesn't EVE have a system to restart an old un-used account? Will I/you get a bonus if you invite me back into game?

Anyone up for sending me an invite?

16. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Old accounts can be reactived and they will resume at the point their sub ran out- depending on age you will have a few thousand skill points to add to any skill, due to game changes.
    Their is no bonus for bringing old accounts back into the game, only for new accounts, ccp do offers such as 3 months for 20 pounds to reactivate a old account.

17. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

18. Malketh

Malketh What's a Dremel?

CURSES! I can't watch from work. :(

19. Cabe6403

So how is the Eve playing Bit-Tech community? I feel like a grave digger here but no point in creating a new thread.

Anyone going to #EVE_NT in Nottingham?

20. Jards8595

Jards8595 Minimodder

You would have thought there was more EvE nerds here tbh.

Been playing since 2009, currently on a break in a WH after a long old time in null. Interested in seeing how fozzie sov pans out before heading back to sov null.

I've heard good things about #EVE_NT but cant make it myself