1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The War Z re-brands to Infestation: Survivor Stories

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 20 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I made the MASSIVE mistake of buying this when some friends were playing it. I haven't bought a game on their recommendation since. I'd quite happily have a refund for this, and the 3 hours of my life I wasted playing it.

I'm glad they've had the name changed, as it was diluting the brand of the other War Z products from what I've heard.

3. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

More likely that they've re-branded to try and get away from the terrible press they've had recently. Some people might think its a completely different game or something.

4. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

It was nothing to do with confusion, they never trademarked the name in the 1st place and their trademark application was suspended in November as it was similar to another trademark (presumably World War Z) so they had no choice but to change the name.

Also, what a terrible new name.

5. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I will never buy this game.

On topic; the name really is pish!

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

We all know it was deliberately called War Z to be associated with Day Z in the first place. They should be suitably punished for this (though I hear they've gone bankrupt IIRC).

I agree.

7. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Reminds me of those cowboy builders who get their vans sprayed with a different company name to avoid paying back money they've stolen for dodgy builds.

8. Malvolio

Malvolio .

So, let me get this straight: they brand their game deceitfully to attract not just the DayZ crowd, but also the Max Brooks crowd (World War Z), and when confronted with their fraudulent behaviour they then re-brand with a new title that could double as a description for either of the two franchises they were ripping off in the first place?

Seems legit.

9. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

Annnd it was #1 on Steam's bestseller list when it was recently on sale there, so apparently some people never learn...

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It was selling for a ridiculously low price, so many sale hungry Steam users took the bait instantly...

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Greatest part about this?

The name is just as awful and ironically it probably increased the confusion leading to more prospective buyers.

Clever gits.

Tags: Add Tags