1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

I don't mind getting old maps, I still miss some of the BC2 maps but they shouldn't all be in the one dlc, half and half maybe, or 1 old to three new.

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Nothing wrong with bringing back BF3 maps, it's just been a bit too soon. The whole thing about the BF2 maps is that we haven't had those maps for about 5 years or whatever it was, so there's the whole nostalgia thing. BF3....well I'm still playing Metro and all that. That said, I'll never tire of Seine Crossing. Such a good map and would work great with the new destruction! COLLAPSING BRIDGES!!!

3. Bobman

Bobman What's a Dremel?

I think it's quite nice to see the best of the 'old' maps being updated too. Folks like me who don't get much time online can hit the ground running so to speak - much less learning time.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Destroyable bridges is something I miss dearly from BF2, nothing quite as trollish as destroying both spans on Karkhand and making tanks run the gauntlet through the river crossing and it's invisible hidden mines.

I don't think they'll come back, they could have been in BC, BC2 or 3, but they haven't, probably so tank whores don't feel left out.

5. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I'm pretty sure you could repair bridges as a engineer in BF2 aswell, which gave the engineer other functions.

I hope they bring back commander assets for spec ops to destroy and engi / supply crates to repair.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Still don't get why people bash people who use tanks, I mean what, do you want there to be a skill/time limit on how much someone can use a tank, just so that people who are crap in them, don't feel butt hurt? :rolleyes:

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I find people who spend the entire time in tanks annoying for these reasons

1. If their tank is full, you can't spawn on them
    2. 'Tank whores' are annoying because they spend the entire time waiting for the tank to spawn - so no one else gets a go
    3. They often think they are 'l33t' because they go 4-44 when actually they just have a good engie repairing them and a big metal box around them
    4. They are often too scared to get stuck in and take points (because going into built up/flag points areas is dangerous for a tank)

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

1: So what? Thats the same with ANY vehicle, so just by that fact, your point is invalid. The tank is not meant to be a mobile spawn point (it can be, but I don't want someone in my squad whos going to go a kd of 0.5, not helping the team, when they could be getting a better score, and helping me kill infantry in my tank. Secondly, most of the time, when I get a gunner they spam the 50 cal at jets, shoot at the heli when there is a pro heli crew on the other team (in other words, waving a big flag to tell the heli to come f*** us up, since a good heli crew can make mince meat out of a tank ; rocket pods to disable and well timed tv missile anyone?), Either that or they have me taxi them around the flags I cap, while being any class BUT engineer. 4: you get some gunners who the second you take some damage, they get out and start repairing the tank, when all you want to do, is back off the flag a minute, and ultimately get you killed because they make you just sit there taking rpg's rather than getting healed at a safe point and attacking the flag again from another vantage. Either way, I don't wait for idiot repairs if I'm taking damage from rpg's. Then they wonder why I left them behind.

2: Wrong. The only map people might do this is on seine davamand or bazarre. What you fail to understand is that people who ARE actually good in a tank, on a map with limited armor, can stop an enemy team with a good tanker outcapping you. Of course, nobody ever notices the person who's keeping the enemy armor down and thinks the enemy team didnt have tanks at all or something? Also, you'd be amazed at how many BAD tankers who are any other class but engineer, or dont have reactive armor, or use guided shell with no gunner on coms, wait for the tank.

3: I play armoured kill mostly (less rpg spam, a lot more tanks, you only get taken down by someone who is better skilled in using a tank or by a heli crew), and have no rep crew, ever. On any map that isnt a city map, I never have a repair bitch. Either way, you have no right to complain about people who use vehicles to aid their team, when you are playing a game that is BASED around vehicles. As other battlefield players say, if you don't like the vehicles, go play cod right?
    4: You can't 'get stuck in' and take points without a gunner on coms with proximity because it's actually very easy to take down a tank thats stationary. So what you are saying is, a tanker that won't go onto a flag that's surrounded by infantry, and that would rather support their own teams infantry, is a bad tanker? Pretty much explains why your argument is flawed.

Another thing, a tank defending a flag, can be as important as a tank attacking one.

Check these battle reports;

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/65090473/288612599/

Me and my friend klass playing there. We decided to screw around in the amtrac with me driving. Guess what? Nobody was spawning on it (so much for not being able to spawn on an mbt right? Use the amtrac where the whole team can spawn on it? Nobody does.). IMHO, we would maybe not have lost so badly if I was in a tank.

Another game;

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/65091579/288612599/

Ms queenmary on the US team, her repair bi***s and her 100 mbt service stars (660 hours play time in the MBT's of 1700 hours total play time), got bummed by yours truely. Either way, this whole thing about giving people stick because of them playing assault all the time, using certain weapons, using certain vehicles is pretty silly since people bought this game to play how they want. I get in the mbt's because I would rather win a game, than lose one. It's that simple.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2013
  9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'm just ribbin'.

What I would quite like is the option to apply area denial to tanks. Like I said in BF2 it was good fun to remove bridges and force armoured vehicles through fewer/longer routes that were more easily defended and lots of maps had that feature.

On Seine crossing (for example) it would be cool to be able to confine tanks to their own side of the map (or better yet, drop them in the river) even if only temporarily whilst an engi gets the bridge.

Really what I want is more flexibility and more opportunities for GIANT EXPLOSIONS, hopefully at a tank whore's expense :D .

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I've seen it happen on Caspian, Firestorm, another one kharg maybe - i'm bad with the map names - and on the AK maps, probably more but those one off the top of my head. Though I've not seen it on the three maps you mentioned it may happen on iirc.

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Waiting for a vehicle is only a problem where there are limited numbers of said vehicle and people spend ages waiting at spawn for them :duh: There are 2 tanks per team on kharg, three on caspian, and 3 on firestorm. The amount of time people spend waiting for a tank on those maps is minimal. Would you prefer NOBODY used them? I dont get what you guys are on about. I mean, the heli I can understand, where you think, damn, nobody is actually playing the objective and there are 6 guys firing rpg's, repair tooling, shooting at eachother instead of playing the objective. With the tanks there are usually plenty of them enough so that people dont spend too much time waiting and are able to get back onto the flags.

What you fail to understand, is that people arent good in tanks automatically. Some people actually have to practice. This means if you want to actually improve, you have to USE the vehicle. This means waiting for it. Personally I would rather people who didnt have a clue after a certain amount of time spent in it, be barred from using it. That would mean that people who take the tank only to rush straight on into a flag covered in infantry, only to die within two seconds, would not be given the teams asset to waste again.

I'd also like the ability to kick people out of a tank I am driving if they are not actually helping/are not engineer/ etc, and also make sure that I can lock a tank to my player name once I get into it, so that if some idiot gets into a vehicle I have taken, that it can't be stolen only to be destroyed by an inexperienced player instantly.

Here's an example of what someone who isn't retarded, can do in a tank;

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/52766807/

EIGHT flag captures, 11 vehicle destroyes. Next time you moan about 'insert vehicle name here' whores, think about why your team isnt getting it's crap pushed in. Hell my team still lost that round by 36 tickets, but thats a lot less than what could have happened.

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Locking of vehicles works well enough in Planetside 2 as you have to spend the resources you have earned to get it to spawn, but I certainly wouldn't want it as a feature in BF4, or any BF title. Potentially as a server-side setting for servers that want it, but not a distinct feature.

Played a game on Caspian a while back, capped the petrol station whilst manning the .50 on a T-72, took an RPG hit, driver popped out to repair whilst I covered for infantry in the sheds (I was a support gunner), kept him safe and for my troubles the bell-end decides to shoot me because I manned the main gun and kept him alive. "It's my tank, f*** off". <-- Those kinds of players can frankly go eat a curb.

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Waiting for a vehicle isn't only a problem on a map where there is one tank, it just makes it worse. Last night I saw people sitting in US spawn on firestorm waiting for tanks, they spent over 5 minutes waiting for a tank because none died.

If you think people spending that amount of time sitting in spawn waiting for something to spawn isn't an issue then fine. At the end of the day, I don't care if you spend ages in a tank doing stuff, it's just annoying when people spend a good chunk of time waiting for a vehicle be it tank/heli/aa when their team could use the players on the field.

14. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

Not buying Bf4

Bf3 was/is hammered with cheats and dice do very little BF4 will be the same .

15. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Does anyone else think it would be an awesome idea if planes and tanks and such were all replaced on the map instead of just spawned in. What I mean by that is, say your waiting for a jet on an aircraft carrier, a jet could spawn on one of those elevators and then do a quick few second taxi to it's position on the deck or tanks could be air dropped into bases or taken out of hangers at each spawn point. Just a small cosmetic change to add a bit to the feeling of war and combat instead of "poof - a wild tank appears." It's just something that's always bugged me a bit when I watch people play BF3 online. I know they had those airdrop ground armor units from the big plane in the armored kill dlc I think it was but I'm talking about replacing everything on every map in some way. On smaller urban maps a jeep might spawn in a garage or get passed through a checkpoint from the edge of a map and then left there for the players to take. Things like that.

16. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I don't see what's so strange about a tank driver, getting miffed that he had to get out to repair, because he had a support player in their tanks gunner seat. I'm pretty sure most would rather go down in flames with no 50 cal gunner, than have a gunner that's not able to repair. I still don't get why he would rpg you if you were in the gunner seat, and not in the main seat of the tank. No reason to shout 'its my tank' if he still had the drivers saeat. Lets remind everyone you were on a hc server.

What server was this? Tanks have a default respawn time of 1 minute. So I highly doubt people were waiting for five times that amount of time for a tank.

Oh and cheaters in this game? Maybe it's because I've not played infantry in a while, but I hardly ever see cheaters in this game. You know what they say about people who complain about bf3 being full of cheaters...

Do you mean like in end game where the gunship drops an APC/LAV from it when one team caps the gunship flag? Personally while I like this, to me, it really is not much better than a quicktime event for something happening. I mean, sure it stops people stealing a vehicle that's on a flag and means that SOMEONE from the team that capped that flag will get the vehicle that spawns from it, but other than that, not such a 'must have' feature.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2013
  17. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Actually it was many more times the respawn of a tank, as the server had vehicle respawns set to 2%. So they were waiting about 250 times the amount of time for one of the three possible tanks at spawn to show.

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Can't really be bothered to reply to that wall of text.

Those were my reasons for disliking tank whores. They are not up for debate.

Really, hmm, I've played over 300 hours now, and I haven't seen a cheater for about 12 months. Are you sure you just aren't one of those people that gets killed and then shouts 'hacker' in the chat? I've seen a lot of them.

19. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Depends on the servers you hang out on, public 64 ppl TDM like canals and Metro you see them a bit. There was a guy yesterday getting head shots across the map with the m98b on iron sights but on the flip side noone would actually vote to ban so what can you do

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Actually I know which group of guys he is talking about, and to be honest whilst the shots have been legitimate. The one issue is the fact that they seem to spot you even when you know you have been sneaky and avoided any line of sight.

They would say that is because they are playing on Comms etc. But it seems to be more than that imo. Not to mention they run the server too. So best way to cover using some form of cheat is to be using it on your own server.

These guys can join middle of a round on TDM and end up top. Easy.