1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Gaming Mice Dilema

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fujukami, 18 Jul 2013.

1. Fujukami

Fujukami What's a Dremel?

Top of the mornin' to ya!

I've come to another crossroad, and I've little to no idea on what to choose.

As the title suggests, its about gaming mice. The premise is like this: I've got about 80 Euros to spend on a gaming mouse, and since the sheer number of gaming mice out there (some of which I have very little information about), makes it difficult to choose.

My actual mouse is Saiph Mionix 3200 and as far as the form factor goes, I like it a lot. The missus has a Tt Theron, which I do like, but the hump on the back of the mouse is putting me off a tad.

At this point I feel like it'd help if I said what I'll be using it for: Dota 2, League of Legends, some shooters (CoD: BO II on a rare occasion), and will possibly start playing TERA in the near future.

The mice I've seen so far that cought my eye (and my budget) are as follows:
    Steelseries Sensei (looks good but out of what I've read the paint comes of rather quick)

Logitech g 700 rechargeable (a bit on the pricey side and not sure if its worth the cost, albeit I do like the wireless option to be there)

Leetgion Hellion

CM Storm Sentinel Advance II (I like the look of it, but again, the paint peels off rather bad)

Roccat Kova [+] Max Performance (looks good, if a bit simple)

Logitech G500s (again problems with the paint peeling and the like)

Gigabyte Aivia Krypton (looks very good, but have little to no info on this mouse, and what I have heard/read about it, says its not very reliable and the build quality is rather on the rough side)

Having presented what I've found, I'd love some advice from you chaps!

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I love my G700, such a nice mouse with great ergonomics!

3. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I have a Logitech G400, which is great although its a pretty big mice and my hands are only just big enough, so you may want to try before you buy.

4. Fujukami

The rechargeable? How long have you had it? And how is the paint holding up?

5. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

I've heard a lot of good things about the Mionix Naos 8200 - REVIEW :)

6. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I have a g500 that I think I have had for 5 years now I have had no paint peeling off. The mouse did develop a double click but I took it to bits and swapped the switch for a new one last month and now it is fine again.

7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Had it for around 1.5 years now, the paint has been fine and the battery still holds it charge well.

I couldn't live without the free-spin scroll wheel :)

8. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

FWIW I had an MX518 and then a G400 and I have returned to the G9x. It's still the best gaming mouse I've ever used and I don't have any intention of getting any other. I got the MW3 edition and saved a packet on the normal price of £80ish. You can still get it from amazon.co.uk for £49.99 which is very respectable.

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

How it feels in your hand is such a massive part of it I would highly recommend you try the mice you're looking to buy, what fits for someone else may not for you (and therefore their 'best' mouse may be your worst)

I would try to work out exactly what features you want, then have a look here:
    http://www.esreality.com/index.php?a=post&id=2024663

May be a little out of date, but should give you a good idea.

10. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Can't wait for my G700S to arrive... I'll let you know my thoughts when it gets here :thumb:

11. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

i have a cm storm inferno. it's been great for over 2 years now. I did have an issue with the right button not releasing occasionally when i'd been holding it down, but a cleaning sorted that out. I did look at replacing it but couldn't find anything that matched the features of it that i actually use.

Also, logitech mx518. I have two of these and I can't see me ever getting rid of them. not too advanced but i'm confident i could hurl it out the window and over the road and it would still work, and it's the comfiest I've ever found.

12. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder X8 which is a great mouse. It has the weight and size i like, replacement feet, a usb cable that you can use to charge and use the mouse at the same time and Microsoft blue track technology really tracks on all surfaces. I also like being able to change DPI on the fly.

13. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Another G500 user here, no paint issues here either.

I'd personally be looking at the Sensei, the G500 and the G700 if the extra side button or wireless is important to you. If not, the Sensei and the G500 are the ones to consider.

14. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Roccat Kone XTD here. Best mouse I've had for a long, long time. I have got bear paws though so needed a larger mouse.

15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Corsair M65 is my new mouse and I am quite happy with it, but I just wish that they had made the thumb buttons with the same layout as that on the Microsoft Sidewinder mice.

16. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

^ this is a good mouse, if I didn't use G500, this is the one I would use. I borrowed my friends for a while.

17. Fujukami

I personally have had very good experiences so far with Logitech (owned a g7, and was rather fond of it at the time).

Wireless and side buttons are both tempting extras to be rather honest.

18. Fujukami

I've also had another thought, that just instantly made all this a lot harder :)).

The Razer Orochi 2013. Wireless + Wired + Bluetooth and looks pretty good. My only experience with Razer is a Copperhead that came with my Asus g 71.

Thoughts?

19. Fujukami

I also see no mention on the Gigabyte Aivia. Has nobody ever had one? Or is it just bad?

20. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

You can edit posts btw rather than keep on posting new replies

Tags: