1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 11 Jan 2013.

1. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

It seems personal when you take a phrase and blow it out of all proportion. It seems personal when you claim I get a kick out of something. It seems personal when you start swearing at me. It seems personal when you start talking about debating technique. I'm sorry but I didn't go to debate school. If you attach a lot of weight to someone's debating style, does that make you a mass debater?

I am not going to be drawn on what the stewards felt was the right decision. They have a lot more information - telemetary, radio transmissions, multiple camera angles, etc. I've said what I think about the incident.

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

On the last bit that's all I wanted the answer.

It seems like you take far too much to heart. I never knew asking if you thought if all cars should leave the track to avoid an incident would upset you this much and certainly I don't see that as personal, I'm asking your opinion on racing and questioning it, but if it is personal I apologise. But this is a forum where it's all about opinions and debates.

3. sp4nky

Another personal remark?

Last edited: 25 Aug 2013
  4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I can never win with you, I'm giving you advice, which you seem to think its a personal remark. If people saying something you may disagree with is always personal to you then you may have much trouble across the Internet.

The world is not against you.

5. sp4nky

So you're saying that is not a personal remark?

6. Pieface

Pieface Modder

No it's not. That's my advice not to take stuff to heart. If you think it's personal then I apologise. But then I'm guessing like last time I apologise ill get a nice **** you and in the end all that's going to happen is a mod will come in and tell us to stop.

7. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

This season is pretty much decided imho, so here's waiting for 2014 and the totally new regulations.

The best solution for F1-Racing would be to have standardized cars with little room for modifications, so that it becomes a real drivers-championship, instead of the current crap of who can throw the most money at development, or who is lucky enough to have the best design.
    This would do away with a crapload of interpration of regulations aswell.

There's way better series for manufacturers like the GT-series, DTM, etc.

8. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I'm looking forward to the 2014 to see how Mclaren will come out if they have started developing this early. Would like to see them back up there fighting the podium.

9. sp4nky

I think 2014 will be a big season for Mclaren. This year they have lost their competitiveness so much I was starting to wonder if they were losing the plot completely. Are they going to be the next Williams - a once-great team that's going to struggle for points year-in, year-out?

Last edited: 25 Aug 2013
  10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

[​IMG]

HSE breach no ground level warnings to inform people below of her stupidity

[​IMG]

Do it!

Back to the race, interesting but disappointing i was hoping for some rain to spice things up. The whole Gutierrez ,Sutil Di-Resta Maldonado thing could be debated till the cows come home. My opinion Gutierrez didnt leave enough room he clipped Sutil which made him knee jerk to the pits only to spear Di resta who he didnt expect to find. First part yeah bit iffy, second part a race incident.

11. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Yawn!!! Another boring win from Vettel, I think he's got the season sewn up already. :-(

Good at least to see good results from Lewis and Jenson.

12. rollo

rollo Modder

Season was over before this race. All this did was make it a bit more sure. Vettel needs 3 DNFs to not win it now I feel.

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Oh, we all know the WDC is a done deal. I'm just watching it for the racing.

I'm really torn about Ricciardo though. On one hand I think he's good enough to deserve a seat with a big team. On the other hand... RBR could've had almost anyone they wanted in that seat - and Horner claims they'd be picking the best possible driver to run along side Vettel. Really? Ricciardo is the best possible driver? Not Kimi or Fernando? What a load of BS. Finga was scared and spat his dummy, I'll bet.

14. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Yeah but let's think about this realistically...

Alonso wouldn't go to a team where he isn't #1.

Kimi wouldn't go to RBR because he's strong minded enough not to want to race with someone like Vettel.

Across all the seriously talented drivers, that crucially, are established, there are issues like this. RBR's only choice is to take in very raw talent and hope he (or she?) hit the heights that Vettel has, purely because no sane, realistically competitive driver would consider taking a seat alongside him. Look at what it did to Webber? Totally denigrated relationship with his team mate, yet Webber was pretty ballsy early in his career, and now totally passive, combine that with him being a not exactly a confrontational person off the track and still having the vocalised issues he has with Vettel.....you have to wonder who the hell would want to spend time racing as Vettel's partner.

15. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I would like to see Di Resta in the RBR seat, just to see if he can carry on beating Vettel as a teammate

16. David

I think Kimi would be a serious challenge to Vettel. Alonso, in the same car, would take him to school; as would Hamilton. I'm not denying Vettel's ability to race a fast car, but all three of those are better drivers, IMO.

I like Webber but, from very early on, it was plain he could talk a good race and, outside of a Red Bulll, I think he'd still be looking for his first race win.
    As much as I would like to see that, Di Resta would be a clear No.2 driver, just like Ricciardo will be.

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So, quite the boring race at Spa, after a very exciting qualifying session.

Thoughts in general:
    Merc clearly had a hybrid wet/dry setup going on there. Lewis's comments about Monza seem to indicate that their low downforce setup isn't quite there.

Maldonado was going for he pits. I watched that replay 15 times or so... he just didn't check his mirrors. Moron move that cost PDR the race.

18. David

Yep, it was clear that, after the initial contact with Sutil, Maldonado turned toward the pit entry; devoid of all spatial awareness/presence of mind/common sense (take your pick). A real pity for Di Resta.

If they ever re-invent F1 as a time trial event, with one car on the track at a time, Maldonado and Grosjean will be at the front of the queue.

19. rollo

rollo Modder

I said at the start of the season there was 5-6 drivers and 3 teams who needed a good season.

Ferrari, Poor in truth, Massa was one of the drivers and he is likely leaving them.

Mclaren, Done nothing to prove Lewis was wrong for leaving as some expected and look a shadow of there former selves, Williams mk2 here they come.

Merc, Good more competetive than anyone give them a hope to be.

Massa, Webber both drivers I said needed a good year are both most likely leaving the sport.

Paul di Resta the will he or wont he get a big drive this year I personally feel like he will not get the drive he desires. Of the 2 likely avail seats at RBR and Ferrari he will not get either drive, RBR will be Ric ( I dout hes even in contention in truth his quali performances in a faster car than what Ric drives have not been ground breaking) and Ferrari hulk or bianchi.

Wether Lotus keep there current drivers could change that. Grosjean has not done as bad as many expected this year and id be surprised if they did not stick with him. More so if Kimi leaves.

Biggest thing doing the rounds at the minute concerns Button who has not had his contract updated for next year despite McLaren having options where they could keep him on if they so desire. I wonder if they are trying to maybe re-sign kimi as if hes available hes a one to have.

20. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I would agree it's looking more and more likely that Riciardo will be in the Red Bull.

As for the Ferrari seat (Massa will be gone) that is up for grabs, I think Di Resta had a shout, but hasn't done enough this year to earn it, although should Kimi find himself at Ferrari a seat would open up at Lotus and I don't see many contenders other than DiResta or Hulkenburg.