1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

After playing so much of this game I don't think I'll ever play an MBT the same again in Battlefield.

2. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

3. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Its not a huge amount; they can go for thousands. Considering he has well over £100 worth of premium tanks and most probably has not won any ingame gold; he has not made alot of money.

Can't believe he screen shotted his garage (they're supposed to be watermarked) posted his WR and number of games. Its going to take WG all of 5 minuted to find and ban the account.

Fully upgrade tier Xs.......

4. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Anyone who has spent £1500 on WoT seriously needs to take a long look at themselves.

5. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Why? If they have that kind of money to spend on a hobby, good for them.

6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

This is something I have given a lot of thought to. When I'm home (on vacation now) I spend a lot of hours playing tanks. So far I've been very resistant to spending real money on the game and in fact have spent a total of $7.00 on it. On the other hand, I've spent well over $2,000* on kayaking gear and don't spend nearly as many hours in the water most months as I do playing tanks.

On the one hand that makes WoT a great value in terms of cost per hour of entertainment, but on the other if you get a lot of enjoyment from it, why not spend the money? In my case it has to do with more money =/= more fun in the game, but for someone who really enjoyed playing premium tanks and gold ammo, why not?

* more than that if you count the number of cameras we've lost or broken while paddling :worried:

7. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

spending £1500 on WoT is really way too much, even if its been spend in last 3 years. Only reason for spending that much is the guy is very rich and wanted to get into high tier very quick .... but if someone is that much rich I don't see a reason of selling it on ebay for £250, its very small amount for him

Anyway, Team Battle - a New Game Mode , sounds like its time to build a team :)

Last edited: 4 Oct 2013
  8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

So smaller Tank Companies that will actually match skills levels of players? Sounds like they are testing the new algorithm for deployment across the board. If it works as everyone wants it to, it may lead to skill matching in random battles that will fix all the frustration caused.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Some amusing after match screenies for you

SHOOT ALL THINGS!
    [​IMG]

Killed a JP100 and deathstar in the Ferdi
    [​IMG]

An again in the Ferdi, E100 and Obj 268
    [​IMG]

Love stupid long range shooting with it :)

10. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Ferdi is in my wishlist BUT I am stuck at JagdPz IV, such a painful TD :(

11. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

The Sau was by far the worst TD I've piloted yet...

On paper at least the JagdPz IV does beat my V39 as well... My gun has more pen and damage, but both the guns that are worth using on the tank have over a 2 second aim time. Combine that with the +-7 degree traverse arc and 22 degree/s hull traverse speed and you have a tank that pretty much NEEDS to sit still and snipe or fire from close range.

Except when firing from close range the V39 has even less frontal armor than the Jagd that's at an even worse angle I think. Not to mention the tumor. I don't know what's with the French and their need to have commander pimples on the tops of their tanks...

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Best place to show the white flag from ?

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Its actually a mini turret for a machine/AA gun far safer than poking your head out the top of it. Also despite the MM's best efforts i had loads of fun last night using my Jagdtiger loads of holes mad and kills.
    Best kill of the night was oneshotting an AMX12t that was flying around scouting 600dmg to the front of he thing when he shot into the forest i was hiding in. Then used his wreck to hide my front lower plate and get another three kills.

Also if you think the V39 is bad now wait till they make the guns hard objects itll be practically un usable on city and mountain maps.

14. Risky

Risky Modder

Got my T82 to 6th sense and will now go back to my T7 tanks for a bit, perhaps. Next week will be more TDs and the T18-T25AT line will be geting 150% crew XP.

15. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

8.9 preview - Any plan to create a Bit-Tech team ? :)

16. Risky

Risky Modder

Fingers66 said hello last night in his T49 on Airfield.
    [​IMG]
    He did fine and I could only do so much in my little T82

17. Risky

Risky Modder

The talk is that the teams will be 5 Tier 8 autoloaders and two T1 Cunninghams

I might take my T1 along to see what the fuss is about but I'm not sure how much difference you can make as a slow scout w/o view range.

18. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Watch ESL its nothing new. This game mode has been out almost as long WoT.

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

maybe you could dive down a cliff and try to convince them to come jump after you ?

seriously though the choice of teir8 autoloader means 2 tanks... AMX 50 100 or T69 med
    if they chose the AMX you might be able to get flanking shots with gold ammo ^_^

20. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Was dreading having to have to work through the JagdPz IV after reading all the forum threads on it but to be honest I am quite enjoying playing it. Swapped back to the 7.5cm L/70 after disliking the 8.8cm and as long as I stay in cover I am having quite a lot of success. Have had a few top finishes and a couple of sniper medals since upgrading last week. Accuracy with a 100% on the L/70 is excellent so I have been taking out modules left right and centre.