News Blizzard reveals new Warcraft expansion

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 11 Nov 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. tehgypsy

tehgypsy What's a Dremel?

The 90-100 to catchup is nonsense.. the game is too casual now.. as for the change to raiding to make 10/25man HC raids obsolete, replaced by single 20man Mythic.. this just sucks big time.. Some nice new additions, garrisons etc.. will be interesting to see how that plays out.. but for now..its left a bitter taste in my mouth..

also, this news happened on Friday night at 8.30pm.. bit slow on the news guys.. unless you were there and are recovering, in which case.. grrrrrrrr.

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

6illion casuals pay the bills - the `1337` hardcore raiders make up a small percentage of the players.

so , they must give the casuals something `fun` to do

4. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

I've quit this game, it's a massive time sink, leaving very little time for anything else.

I've had my fun though, lots of it and this is still a brilliant game.....I've just found better things to do with life.

My critique of what's coming is the same 'dumbing down' of the games intricacies, talent trees, gemming, reforging/enchanting, the theory crafting is no longer the challenge it used to be, the community less rich with deep discussions (and exceptional players) as a result.

Probably making the game design easier to bring out content updates for, dumbing down ready for the console launch?

Recruiting a 20man team for mythical raiding, well Blizzard kill off 25mans and many guilds in the process, now they expect people to build back up - anything is possible, but getting that many people to raid regularly and consistently and be within a close range of each others skillset will be challenging....consistently recruiting is less than desirable.

Let's hope they've sorted out the snooze fest of grinding, the gated and capped process they used in Pandaria was a real balls ache....although it did highlight to me how tired I had become of the game and the genre in general.

By far the most popular mmo ever, 7million people still subscribing, even if they lose another 2million, that's still 5 million souls paying £8:99 a month for the privilege...hardly a struggle is it.... plenty of life in a game that was originally released in November 23, 2004.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

1 Raid size is a good thing. Biggest mistake they made was reducing the raids down in the first place.

The orginal 20man raids were rarely done by major guilds as they had 50 + players and could basically have 2 raids going if they really wanted it.

if 10man has gone as it sounds like it may make things difficult in the short term for those that have switched to 10man raiding.

Personally I quit wow but 7mil still play which is pretty crazy for a game thats comming up to 9 years old.

6. John_T

John_T Minimodder

7 million subscribers x £8.99 a month x 12 months = £755 MILLION a year, (give or take).

Three quarters of a BILLION pounds a year, for a 9 year old game - no wonder they call it WoW!

7. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

You are forgetting that 7 million people also have to pay for the expansion, too ;)

I dont play WoW anymore as I have other commitments, but it is a good game - Blizzard, if anything, know how to make a game have longevity!

8. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Unless of course it's called Diablo III.

Tags: Add Tags