1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Shenmue 3 trademark confirmed as fake

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 2 Dec 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

When an organisation based in Europe uses the American spelling of Harmonisation is it any wonder they cant get things right ?

Now whats the betting that i have misspelt something and will be hoisted on my own petard :D

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No apostrophe in "can't" or "what's," no capitalisation of "I," but your worst crime by far is your mangling of the phrase "hoist by my own petard." See me after class. :p

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Damn it, sorry sir :lol:
    I guess its lines again :waah:

5. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

If I remember correctly, first Shenmue was $80mil, thanks to low DC user base that title was doomed from the first day of release, not a bad game tho, but it wasn't killer app like GTA3(example) for PS2.
    Damn you Sega, I want another Jet Set Radio.

6. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

Shenmue was certainly epic for the time (a year before GTA 3). I beat the first one probably 3 or 4 times and the second one (for the Xbox) twice. I would really love to see a third (plus HD re-releases of 1 and 2). There is a cult following still calling for a third to get the greenlight for the PS4. Doubt it will ever happen.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Two years. Shenmue was released in December 1999 in Japan, nearly a full year before its western launch; GTA III came out at the end of November 2001.

8. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

I totally looked at the US date. Good point!

Tags: Add Tags