1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Bit-Tech Christmas Countdown Competiton - 5 December

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 5 Dec 2013.

1. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Thanks for the info, I have sent a fresh email in addition to the previous emails which we're sent to the originators but tech address.

I am pretty patient, but information regarding this is conspicuous only by it's absence and that makes me nervous, as a result of my concerns I am sure like many other people the basics of 'bang the drums' and make some noise will perhaps be the timely reminder that is required to grease the wheels so to speak.

2. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Still no sign of a prize, in fact the last communication I received stated the original prize is no longer available so there were some discussions' between Bit-Tech and YoYoTech about replacing that prize with one of a lesser value/specification, which I found in bad taste after such a long delay - having worked in logistics I can tell you that you don't just discover that you're out of stock 6weeks after it should of been shipped.

Since that got rejected and an alternative and more fair resolution had been proposed - it's gone dark again.

Patience - only 14 weeks since the competition ended.

As hosts, there's a burden on Bit Tech to resolves this, however, it's not a very good PR story for YoYo Tech so far, I hope this is resolved soon.

Anyone know consumer rights regarding competitions?

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

No rights as you haven't parted with any money, and Bit has just been sold by Dennis so I wish you the best of luck in sorting this, but I suspect you might have to chalk this one up to experience and hope that our new hosts run competitions a bit more frequently!

(hint hint admins)

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Maverick-sg1 as I live and breathe! Long time bro :) I checked in on benchtec the other day and I was sad to see it wasn't very active at all :(

I will poke yoyo and see what they say.

5. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Hey hey Margo - trust all is well with you.

Yes, Benchtec is sadly a shell of it's former self - great news streams though :)

If they were ever to start doing ad banners etc, the amount of traffic would certainly generate some revenues and exposure for sure as benchtec still get a high volume of traffic - just seldom that anyone posts sadly.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide, might be worth touching base with Ed first as he was the intermediate - I'd hate for YoYoTech to get a bad name for not being a company you can associate with trust and integrity.

6. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Why is the motherboard that was offered as a prize not available?

8. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

The explanation I was provided with was that YoYo Tech sold out and then stopped selling that board.

However, if you know someone is going to win a board as a prize, you should allocate that stock to ensure it can't be sold before the stock is gone.

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yes, you'd think so wouldn't you, or at least stump-up an alternative model of equal spec & value.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

10. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Exactly this, not something of lesser spec value!

Thanks, appreciate the support :)

11. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I am doing just fine thanks man :) all the better for seeing your name pop up. I hope you and yours are good :)

I will try and get some wheels turning for you, I have started a thread in the yoyo partner forum. Hopefully they will get back soon.

12. Pistol Puppy

Pistol Puppy What's a Dremel?

Also chasing for you, will let you know when I get an answer back. John.

Tags: Add Tags