1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raptor77, 27 Dec 2011.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

where do traces from the left arrow go? (left as in looking at that picture)

If you are buying 0805 resistors - get them from cpc at farnell - as there is no minimum purchase for postage, and postage is free. My all time lowest buy from them was 28p!

2. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I'm probably biased because I own one, but I'd say yes. If you can live with a 60% layout they're nice boards. Alternatively Shrop / Pexon PCs has some new similar boards just arrived, pictures are back a few pages.

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Here's a bigger picture of mine:

[​IMG]

And here's the one I took of JaccoW's:

[​IMG]

I saw the crazy low prices at CPC - thanks for the heads up too!

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You can also get Quidco cashback, if you're a member (and if not, sign up - it's basically free money.) Just be aware that the prices you see on the CPC website aren't always the best prices available: products get a two-digit code appended to 'em when they've been on sale, and that can have a dramatic effect on pricing. Trouble is, those two-digit codes only ever appear in printed catalogue mailings: search for the product on the website and you'll get the standard price at all times. Sneaky, but easily defeated by, say, writing a little script to automatically append 00-99 to the end of a URL and watch for the price dropping...

EDIT: For example, this is listed on the front page as "SALE - GREAT PRICE" at £79.95 plus VAT. Altering the URL just a little gets you £74.95. This TV is "on sale" at £158.32, but can be had for £152 with a different product code. Sneaky, no?

5. Margo Baggins

yeah they aren't the cheapest for the bits always - but, farnell you have to spend 20 quid, and rs have high postage, and I always find there prices high, but you get free postage there over 20 quid. Those are the only 3 places I really use. CPC also doesn't have the biggest stock range, but they have plenty of smd resistors :)

The sneaky code trick is a good one!

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Damn Nostalgia looks good!

7. Matticus

Matticus ...

My biggest regrets in my keyboard life are not getting in on Ivan's CMYK, purple mods or GMK spacebars, and to a lesser degree CMYW. I would kill a man for a cyan and/or green spacebar right now... I mean, I suppose I need to buy my lovely girlfriend birthday/Christmas presents and I suppose I need a working fuel pump in my car... I suppose... :waah:

In other news - anyone getting in on this?

8. Lord Badger

Lord Badger What's a Dremel?

Patiently waiting for mine (or perhaps impatiently :p) Did you get anything to tell you it had shipped? Or did it just appear with a delivery man?

9. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Just appeared this morning :D In London.

10. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I looked at those, but they look cheap to me. Maybe I'm just picky :p

11. Margo Baggins

they are cheap, oem profile too.

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I quite like the look of them, although the whole multi-tiered groupbuy thing is completely lost on me. Anyone fancy breaking it down into idiot speak for me?

13. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

Cyan only came in 6.25x and green only in 7x... I believe. Which one do you need?

14. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

I've taken the chance and ordered a set of Olivetti, I'm expecting them to be cheap, nasty texture and so on. But for $14, hey ho

15. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Pretty awesome price though. All that really looks cheap to me is the modifier font and that damn windows logo!

16. Lord Badger

Lord Badger What's a Dremel?

I've got a set of Ivan's purple mods which I've never used

17. Matticus

Matticus ...

Well even though it goes with nothing, I really wanted the green, what with it being my favourite colour. I didn't realise it only came in 7 :( But I would love cyan to go with my hyper fuse, are you selling?

The Tai Hao sets definitely do look cheap, but that is because they are! They don't look so bad here though, these pictures look quite normal and perhaps representative of the actual product. The pics in the gb thread are very harsh and wouldn't do anything any justice!

The 'windows' keys are flipping hilarious, the addon packs come with 2 blanks anyway.

18. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Well keep an eye out for a new GMK buy starting very soon. Don't miss out again! It will be for US/GB Dolch full set plus a few add on options.

19. JCBeastie

JCBeastie What's a Dremel?

Was looking to make the transition mainly due to the keyboard I have taking up a lot of desk-estate and upon reflection I really don't use the numpad at all.

The Pure Pro on Pexon looks nice but only option currently is blue switches; I think I prefer linear to tactile (Browns/Reds right?) since I've used rubber dome for years.

The KBT boards have the compactness and backlighting options I fancy so may take the plunge.

Also tempted by the Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid-I whenever those are gonna turn up in the UK (are CMs keyboards well received at all?).

20. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.