1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay another problem updated old thread instead of making new one

Discussion in 'Serious' started by maple, 5 Dec 2014.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Not really surprising problems like that happen on ebay.

Back when ebay started it was a goldmine for sellers comitting fraud, then a public backlash over the years forced ebay and their puppet paypal to assume the seller is always guilty until proven innocent, this wouldn't really be a problem if ebay was small, but due their massive size it has shifted the publics perception towards buyers being able to get away with everything from being unfriendly to full on fraud.

2. maple

maple Minimodder

I can't believe he's still sending these same messages over and over really annynig me now though i won't show him how annoyed i am it'll just make him more aggressive

New message from: conn_flet (7)

I want a refund now thanks or I'm reporting you for fraud

Buyer's ID:
    conn_flet
    removed address and email ( was very annoyed thats why i put it up but realise no point)

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=conn_flet&ftab=AllFeedback

is there not a way we can mass report him

Last edited: 6 Dec 2014
  3. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Yeah, post all his details, that will help...

4. maple

maple Minimodder

Removed. your right im just really annoyed because of it i hope you understand,though i know it doesnt give anyone the right to do anything silly

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

As a psychologist I can tell you that everybody is the hero and martyr of their own story. To wit: I'm an atheist and I like to think that I have a pretty strong moral framework. Because if we, humans are not moral, then who is going to be? There's no justice but in us. No mercy but in us. No love, no compassion, no hope but in us. There's just us, so we better be kind to each other. That's my faith. ;)

Similarly this guy may be wondering what possessed you to knowingly sell a dud game controller. I'm not saying you did, but that's how he may see it.

That one is an urban myth. Never happened.

Again: the psychologist's view: he appears to have consistent positive feedback. So let's assume that he has poor anger control and social skills, but is not deceitful. Just offer a refund and ask return of the item.

6. maple

maple Minimodder

that would be better than a straight refund while he keeps it that way i lose and he wins, but he's saying he's put it in the bin i mpretty sure hes just saying that so he gets the item and keeps the money also his feedback is 100% because a seller cant leave him a negative if i try to leave feedback it wont let me leave other than a positive

7. maple

maple Minimodder

thanks for replying, I really hope it is a myth / falsehood about the carjacking thing

8. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Wouldn't look into the feedback too much, he's only been on ebay for a month. Back in the day people used to buy things for a few pence just to get their feedback to a decent level so they could look trusted then scam people. It probably still happens.

Just follow the advice in the thread, contact ebay and explain what is going on. They don't really care about sellers as people have said but there's no harm in letting them know.

Did you have a refund policy? Tell him you can't offer a refund if he's binned the item as he won't be able to return it.

9. maple

maple Minimodder

thank you,

i think maybe i should say that he is entitled to a refund as long as he sends it back but ofcourse his next message he will say again that he ash binned it, then i can say that there are no refunds as its been binned and should have been returned first but after that i imagine him getting even angrier and more foul speech

10. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Just report those messages (if you can) and ignore them. There's no point in replying to them.

11. maple

maple Minimodder

how do you report a message sent through ebay?

i know how to report the buyer as a whole but how do you report a single message?

Thanks

12. Nexxo

A seller can not leave feedback at all, or leave a very non-commital positive feedback. That's not what I'm reading here.

OK, you're a Christian, right? What would Jesus do? He might say that one should give benefit of doubt, be kind to unkind people (as they're the ones who need it most), and turn the other cheek. He'd say it's not about winning or losing, but about acting with wisdom, kindness and doing the right thing. So message the guy, say you're sorry for the disappointment and of course you'll refund him, including postage of the item back to you. If he sends it back then no harm done. If he doesn't at least you know that you did the Christian thing.

13. maple

maple Minimodder

Yes thats what i was saying about the feedback, basically i can't leave him negative but i can only give him positive me being the seller.

I'm actually a muslim, our prophet (peace be upon him) taught us to have good character and conduct, character is a massive part of Islam though you may not see that with the behaviour of other people who follow Islam but we are suppost to have good character and conduct

I'll just put this here as evidence so you know its not from myself:

•Good character will be the heaviest righteous deed to be placed on a person’s scale of deeds on the Day of Judgement.
    The Prophet said, “No deed that will be placed on the scale of deeds [on the Day of Judgement] will be heavier than good character. Indeed, a person with good character will attain the rank of those with a good record of voluntary fasts and prayers.” (Sunan At-Tirmidhee: 2003)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F24mO1AKqV8

So now to the present time yes what would Jesus (peace be upon him) do again im sure he would handle it in the best of manner.

My issue of straight away refunding him is the way he claimed first that the item did not arrive then the next day he says he's put it in the bin and wants his money back.

Also remember althoguh god is merciful remember there is a sort of limit in a way right? as then why does hell exist? if there was no limit and just keep pardoning then th eperson does it again like this guy who purchased this controllerhe could keep doing it to other sellers. So somebody sometime someday thinks enough is enough. and thats why we have hellfire when the person persists and persists in his wrong then when he dies he pays for it.

If there was no hell, the many people in the world who do wrong but don't get punished here, they escape the worldl punishment but they get the one which God gives and they cant escape from god but they can escape from the police on earth

14. Nexxo

Islam and Christianity have very similar moral frameworks and origins (not surprisingly; what's good is good, no matter who says it is), and of course people who truly live by its principles and those who just claim or believe they do.

Both also state that judgement and punishment is God's domain. It's not your place (or mine) to judge and punish him or change his ways. All you can do is what is wise and good, and live by example. You may lose the controller, but you get to keep your virtue. And it's a lot less stress. :)

15. maple

maple Minimodder

Of course I can't punish him thats up to God, it could be the guy realises he's wrong and God forgives him that would be the best thing that vould happen the worst thing is i refund him full and he keeps the item and he does it again to more sellers

16. Nexxo

Not your problem; his problem. You have to live according to you faith, he has to live according to his. Each to their own faith; each to their own fate.

17. maple

maple Minimodder

Absolutely

As such, the Quran says the following:

‘And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And if a heavily laden soul calls [another] to [carry some of] its load, nothing of it will be carried, even if he should be a close relative. You can only warn those who fear their Lord unseen and have established prayer. And whoever purifies himself only purifies himself for [the benefit of] his soul. And to God is the [final] destination’ (Surah (Chapter) Fatir 35:18)

18. creative

creative 500rwhp

why on earth are you tolerating him. Just tell him to do one. He leaves feedback, you can reply against it or have ebay remove it.

There are bigger things to worry about than some scammer trying to get what he wants.

19. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

New sig, ty babe.

20. Nexxo

Yeah, shows that I too have my unwise moments before my brain kicks in. :p