1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ultima Underworld returns via Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 6 Feb 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Holy sh!t !!!! And I still haven't finished Legend of Grimrock :D

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Garriott not being involved is probably a good thing.

4. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"early abandoned" -> nearly?

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yes. Fixed, ta!

6. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Pledged.

7. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Promising but not backing this one, yet anyway. I was disappointed with the Grimrock games, I don't want ancient games rehashed with better graphics, I want them brought back with better gameplay too or not at all. For me those old RPG's were fun in the 90's but then they were completely blown away by UO and EQ, and that was 16 years ago. It annoys me when stuff like LoG comes along and remakes something from that era but completely ignores everything that has happened since. Too many half-RPG half-Action games out there and none of them do either well imo. Hate the Witcher games and Elder Scrolls games and Mordor, don't need another game like that but made on a tiny budget. If it was the designers of System Shock I would feel completely different, but they namedrop those classics yet only some of the staff worked on them, not the designers. The namedropping of those big classics made me more suspicious than anything. They even mention stuff like Skyrim which they have absolutely nothing to do with... just because it is supposedly inspired by their game from the early 90's, which is pretty baseless and dodgy.

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ooooh!

...must...show restraint...must pledge...